Newbie with decision to make..

Skysiebaby

Feb 27, 2023
Suffolk
Hey,

Long-term intermediate mountain biker here but new to e-MTB's - I currently have a Cube LTD Pro 29er which is my pride and joy (I'm tall for a girl at 5'11" so happy with larger frame/wheels) but wanted an e-MTB for off-road (nothing scary) and a 20 mile round commute to work in summer, which includes a couple of steep hills.

I only have around £1k to spend so did some research and did end up buying a Carrera Vengeance E in a 20 frame/27.5 wheels from Halfords online this week, but before I picked it up the sales guy suggested I do a 6 hour free trial first, which I am on Friday because he suggested I may not find it better for a commute due to the weight (23kg) and limited 15mph, compared to my Cube 13kg. He said if I then don't like it I can cancel and receive a refund.

Does anyone have any input on this? If it doesn't suit I was also looking at the NCM Moscow e-MTB which is slightly cheaper, plus I have ridden an NCM trekking e-bike so know roughly what to expect. Any thoughts on the above would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Welcome
You have nothing to lose really
A refund if you don't like it sounds like a fair deal
The bike its self i personally know nothing about so cant help you there
Have fun

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK
The weight is pretty standard for an e-bike. You won't notice the weight unless you need to carry it😂

beanzz

Feb 7, 2023
United Kingdom
Like the others said there is no harm in a test ride, although honestly for that budget I would hold off on an EMtb and just get an ecommuter bike or just a nice new light hardtail

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles