Newbie from South Coast NSW Australia

rstwosix

Jul 26, 2020
Australia
Hi there, I've been browsing this site for around a year and have finally got around to signing in to forums.
I ride a Merida e-onesixty 900 so I'll be posting pics etc in that section and joining conversations in others too.
Cheers from Australia - Don.
IMG_20200715_104815.jpg

My e-onesixty 900. Just fitted Rockshox 2021 Lyric Debonair C1spring and Charger 2.1 RC2 damper plus 2021 Super Deluxe Ultimate MegNeg shock.

Last edited:

rstwosix

Jul 26, 2020
Australia
Welcome! Sweet rig! Have you had the chance to try out your suspension upgrades on the trails?
Yes spent the last week riding and fine tuning. Noticable change to the feel. Very plush at the top, holds higher in the mid stroke and stiffer end stroke whilst still smooth. In other words I found the Rockshox claims for their 2021 release to be true. MegNeg shock is fantastic but it's only for those who like to fiddle with set up - I had the thing apart 4 times. Not only do you have tokens in the positive end - there are 4 tuning bands in negative. I read reviews, watched vids and spoke to SRAM a few times (they're super helpful in Australia) and started with it stuffed full of tokens & bands and 30% sag as always. Over the next few days I test rode and tuned until I found my sweet spot. Fit and forget riders should stay with the Super Deluxe Ultimate Debonair which I think is still a great shock.

Philly G

Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Really good to get your thoughts on this. I'm looking to upgrade mine at some point, will probably do the same as you have done with the fork, but don't know whether I'll modify the shock or just go coil. Sounds like you've definitely achieved the result you were after though

TankCommander

Sep 17, 2021
Australia
Hey, Don, I'm from the NSW coast as well, and your place with the Western red cedar and weathered deck looks so much like my place in Malua Bay !! Just got a Levo HT, only mod so far has been a dropper post

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles