Newbie from Herts

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
Hi All

After watching this forum as a non-member, I thought it was time I joined you all.

I’ve been trying to buy a Stilus for a couple of months after I stumbled across Rob’s review. After numerous daily visits to Decathlon’s site and visiting their store in person, I officially gave up hope of securing a magic unicorn, aka the Stilus.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race from Leisure Wheels, Hemel Hempstead at the weekend. The shop is about 30 miles from me, so I called them this morning to arrange collection this afternoon.

I was disappointed by the call this morning as after spending over £3k the shop tried to fob me off saying they were too busy for me.

And this afternoon I received an email saying that they’d sold me a bike that they have sold out? I was offered the 625 Version in ‘Puke’ Green at a further discounted rate. I declined.

So I’m back on the hunt for a similar bike.

Any ideas on a £3-£3.5k budget?

So I’m back to riding my hard tail Gary Fisher for the time being. I did have a Specialized full suspension back in 2013, but this was stolen from outside my house after a big accident.

Maz

Aug 24, 2020
Baldock
Hi All

After watching this forum as a non-member, I thought it was time I joined you all.

I’ve been trying to buy a Stilus for a couple of months after I stumbled across Rob’s review. After numerous daily visits to Decathlon’s site and visiting their store in person, I officially gave up hope of securing a magic unicorn, aka the Stilus.

So I bit the bullet and ordered a Cube Stereo 140 HPC Race from Leisure Wheels, Hemel Hempstead at the weekend. The shop is about 30 miles from me, so I called them this morning to arrange collection this afternoon.

I was disappointed by the call this morning as after spending over £3k the shop tried to fob me off saying they were too busy for me.

And this afternoon I received an email saying that they’d sold me a bike that they have sold out? I was offered the 625 Version in ‘Puke’ Green at a further discounted rate. I declined.

So I’m back on the hunt for a similar bike.

Any ideas on a £3-£3.5k budget?

So I’m back to riding my hard tail Gary Fisher for the time being. I did have a Specialized full suspension back in 2013, but this was stolen from outside my house after a big accident.

Update: Leisure Wheels have now offered me a 2021 model with 625 battery for a similar price which is expected in the store in a few days time!

Faith is restored in a LBS! I’m happy again!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles