• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

NEWBIE! CUBE STEREO SL 140S

Staples27

Sep 22, 2023
Essex
Hi all,

Newbie here getting lost in endless safari tabs trying to work out what I need. Looking for some help please!

I would like to be able to fit the below link with a new headset and stem as I do not like the factory ACROS and cube. However I see a few issues with this, I have cables routing through there and can’t seem to find a similar non-plastic replacement.

I have attached some photos of the pieces I am looking to replace, along with a photo of the parts I found on another forum for an older 2020 model. Maybe it’s just these I need? Any help, greatly appreciated!
IMG_2383.jpeg

IMG_2414.jpeg IMG_2415.jpeg IMG_2416.jpeg

N.R.G.

Nov 17, 2022
Hampshire
This was the only decent option I could find
You can of course just put any new headset on but there are a couple of lugs on the top of the spacers that the original headset sits on to and I didn't fancy filing these off so I sent my new Renthal headset back and kept the original one on
It looks like these are plastic as well though

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Sorry, I can't help with your question but your steerer tube top cap looks to be installed incorrectly, It should sit flush in the hole recess. I'd also swap it out for an alloy one as the plastic ones are prone to failing. Don't overtighten it upon reassembly (y)

Last edited:

Staples27

Sep 22, 2023
Essex
This was the only decent option I could find
You can of course just put any new headset on but there are a couple of lugs on the top of the spacers that the original headset sits on to and I didn't fancy filing these off so I sent my new Renthal headset back and kept the original one on
It looks like these are plastic as well though
Thanks for that, more than what I could find..

I wonder is it not just a case of swapping the Acros ZS56 ICR Headset for a standard like the ones I screenshoted from superstarcomponents.com ??

Staples27

Sep 22, 2023
Essex
Sorry, I can't help with your question but your steerer tube top cap looks to be installed incorrectly, It should sit flush in the hole recess. I'd also swap it out for an alloy one as the plastic ones are prone to failing. Don't overtighten it upon reassembly (y)
Thanks buddy. Keen eye 😂 I am rather heavy handed, torque wrench now purchased…

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
The torque on those top caps is generally only 1-2NM you'd need a very expensive torque wrench to reliably fasten it.
Finger tight is usual about right (y)

As far as I'm aware there aren't many offerings for Internal Cable Routing headsets.

from the pictures and description the E-system 300 display mount may possibly fit directly to your stock set up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles