Levo Gen 2 Newbie cassette question

Ma77c

Nov 30, 2020
Devon
Good evening, sorry for the newb question, but what cassette is a good replacement for the one on my 2016 Levo expert?
Can’t see if it says XD comparable?
6BC1E496-DE92-48D0-9B01-9CB80B0609E6.jpeg

Ma77c

Nov 30, 2020
Devon
It clearly shows XD COMPATIBLE ONLY, and 10t smallest cog is also on XD only, and XG-1150 is also XD cassette...
Sorry, looked like XL hence the question...
cheers, best to just get another sram one? And do I need any special tools?

BrentD

Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand
best to just get another sram one? And do I need any special tools?
Not necessarily a SRAM one but definitely one with an XD driver fitment. No other special tools are required that wouldn't be needed for any other MTB cassette, just a cassette tool and chain whip.

RebornRider

May 31, 2019
NorCal USA
It clearly shows XD COMPATIBLE ONLY, and 10t smallest cog is also on XD only, and XG-1150 is also XD cassette...
I run into this issue frequently in my work (which involves writing product requirements for medical devices) - it "clearly" shows XD if you already know it's supposed to say XD. If you don't already know it's XD, then it could be XE or XL. Many times experts don't remember what it was like before they became experts.

No insult intended, just a reminder to the experts.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
XG-1150 (the same as you have) is a good replacement. It's full steel. All the other more expensive 11-speed SRAM cassettes will have an aluminum 42t cog. In case it's not clear, this is a "GX" cassette. Don't confuse it with the XG-1175, which is also GX, and is the same cassette structure, but with an aluminum 42t.

Both SunRace and Ethirteen use some aluminum cogs, I would avoid them. Not that they will fail, they just wear out faster.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles