New Transition Relay rider - Hello

johndeu

Sep 28, 2024
Issaquah, WA
Hi, new Transition Relay Carbon GX rider. Added this new bike to my collection in April and have been loving it over the summer. Lots of riding in WA, CO, UT and WY. Been riding a 2017 Stumpjumper FSR Elite - and will continue to for local rides - but it is very nice to have the eMTB option for fitting in more laps and also bringing up to the high country in Colorado for trips where I want to keep up with my friends who are more "acclimated".

Had an issue with the Fazua Ride 60 motor this week after about 250 miles on the bike. It started making a ticking sound and a mechanical grinding noise. Brought it back up to Bellingham and Transition was very helpful. They swapped the motor for a newer unit from Fazua immediately. Hopefully this one gives me many more miles of fun.

johndeu

Sep 28, 2024
Issaquah, WA
I love the relay, almost got one but pulling the battery for every charge was a deal breaker.
I can understand that for some users. For me it was actually the reason I chose it. I really liked the ability to remove the battery so I could plug it into my Anker solar charger in my van while I was on the road. It also made it easier to lift the bike onto my rack. Another positive is it makes it lighter to put it on the wall rack in my garage - feels more like my Stumpy weight when I lift it up with the battery out. It takes ~ 6-8 seconds to remove the battery.

Bbmtb

Aug 15, 2024
Wheaton, IL
I can understand that for some users. For me it was actually the reason I chose it. I really liked the ability to remove the battery so I could plug it into my Anker solar charger in my van while I was on the road. It also made it easier to lift the bike onto my rack. Another positive is it makes it lighter to put it on the wall rack in my garage - feels more like my Stumpy weight when I lift it up with the battery out. It takes ~ 6-8 seconds to remove the battery.
Same

surlyrides

Jun 10, 2021
boulder, co
I love the relay, almost got one but pulling the battery for every charge was a deal breaker.
Yeah you might be surprised. Pulling the battery is a big positive because riding these sl e-bikes without the battery is pretty close to acoustic feeling for shuttles and lifts.

Plus bringing the battery in when it's cold without having to bring your bike inside is key

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles