Levo SL Gen 1 New SL

jmulvaney

Jun 7, 2019
Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
Wow. Think I may be tempted to sell my 2019 Levo Comp and get the new SL. Am taking a test ride in couple of weeks. I have always thought my eMTB was a bit excessive that took away some of the swetty fun! Normally I only ride in eco or a reduced trail mode. Sometimes turbo on way to trails (10km flat tarmac ride) and back home. I still ride conventional MTB also for the challenge and workout but cart that to the trails on back of car. I wonder if the SL hits the sweet spot?

Sharkbyte

Jan 23, 2020
Rocklin, CA
I wonder how loud the motor is? It seemed like it might be a bit on the loud side based on what I heard on the Video. Kind of makes sense given it is gear driven and not belt driven like the Brose.

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
Wow. Think I may be tempted to sell my 2019 Levo Comp and get the new SL. Am taking a test ride in couple of weeks. I have always thought my eMTB was a bit excessive that took away some of the swetty fun! Normally I only ride in eco or a reduced trail mode. Sometimes turbo on way to trails (10km flat tarmac ride) and back home. I still ride conventional MTB also for the challenge and workout but cart that to the trails on back of car. I wonder if the SL hits the sweet spot?
Sounds like this is for you

All Mountain Coaching

E*POWAH Elite
Oct 3, 2018
GB
I wonder how loud the motor is? It seemed like it might be a bit on the loud side based on what I heard on the Video. Kind of makes sense given it is gear driven and not belt driven like the Brose.
Yep, it's definitely louder at times. The brose is near silent. It's a high pitch whine like no other ebike imo. You do notice the bike is mechanical. Whereas the you can be convinced it's just you on steroids. It's gonna bug me a bit until I get used to it, but the fun on the flat and downs should easily outweigh it. #earplugs lol. It's nowhere a e8000/Bosch/yam etc

Utah Rider

Jul 4, 2019
Utah
Motor noise is a deal breaker for me. When I pass people I don't want them to figure out that I am on an ebike until I am in front of them. They might not let me pass if they can hear me coming.
Also, I respect the technology advancement but they really got everything right on the first Levo. Trail side battery swapping is a must for me. I ride in the winter to and you really need a lot of power when the temperature is below freezing.
I kinda wonder if the target market for this bike is for the retired (and rich) physically fit mountain biker. Keep in mind, I'm not knocking the bike. It just isn't a good fit for me. I like my 52 lb tank with plus tires and aluminum motor box. Cheers

DuncanDoughnuts

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town/JHB/Rippon
after looking though all the specs ... i think it only really makes sense if you pony up for the carbon models ... the alloy with a range extension is so close to weight to the levo that Im not sure there would be any real advantage?

Whizz

Oct 23, 2018
Belgium
Take a 2020 Levo S-Works with same equipment than the SL and 500Wh battery => 19,6kg

Take a Levo SL with extender
18, 2kg

Less power, less autonomy and flexibility for only 1,4 kg, non sense for me

Last edited:

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i would be tempted by frame only then build it up with a coil and fox 36 but i don't really want to pay for a high end cassette that will just get replaced with an slx or whatever. I guess a base carbon would work but i like the dt star ratchet hub, first world problems

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles