New rockshox Psylo

Bikerchef1

May 21, 2023
perisher valley australia
Hey folks,I'm looking at the n3w 2024 merida e160 400 that's a very reasonable price brand new here in Australia (5450au). It has a rockshox Psylo R fork on it which has superseded the Yari,revelation and 35 fork.I rode the original psylo fork back in about 2001 and they were awesome for their time. Just wondering if anyone as yet has ridden this fork And could comment on its riding performance. Cheers

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Hi. From the description on their website, it sounds like the Psylo is an allrounder for the casual trail rider, like the Fox 34 AWL. Probably not the best choice for regular bike park abuse.

Bikerchef1

May 21, 2023
perisher valley australia
Hi. From the description on their website, it sounds like the Psylo is an allrounder for the casual trail rider, like the Fox 34 AWL. Probably not the best choice for regular bike park abuse.
I currently have a lyric ultimate 160mm on the front of my Norco sight vlt which is fairly capable although I'm 95kg,probably 98 kitted up for riding amd I've bottomed it out a few times over shooting jumps.Im thinking i might need to upgrade to a Zeb

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Quick look at it suggests it's a budget option with 35mm stanchions. Might be a red flag as the only other 35mm fork they do is the gold RL which is not great at all & moreover, sits deliberately outside of the Rockshox upgrade ecosystem by means of being made in non standard dimensions, down to stuff like different thread pitchon bolts and so on.

Standard answer in these situations is to buy a dirt cheap Yari & turn it into a Lyrik by adding a charger damper & debonair air spring & still pocket the difference.

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
I currently have a lyric ultimate 160mm on the front of my Norco sight vlt which is fairly capable although I'm 95kg,probably 98 kitted up for riding amd I've bottomed it out a few times over shooting jumps.Im thinking i might need to upgrade to a Zeb
First upgrade step in this case would be to double check air pressure and add tokens. I'm in the same weight class and have not managed to bottom out my Lyrik yet (150 mm, Charger 3 damper, no tokens).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles