New rise 540 instead of 360

Flotfyrdk

Jan 21, 2023
Denmark
I bought a new rise m10 with a 360 battery but got the 540. Should i get the battery swapped? Or keep it? How much is the difference In handling? Thats my concern.

Flotfyrdk

Jan 21, 2023
Denmark
I know the difference In Weight, just a bit curious if Any had tried both and noticed the handling? Because i Got a range extender too in the deal.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
The new M10/20 is extremly poppy....even with the large battery.

I ride 32 kms with the old M10 (2021) and RangeExtender - and I now go the same distance with M20 (2023) and the large battery (with the same motor presets)

I recommend that you keep the large battery (it's not that large anyway).

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
Hi - exact same thing has just happened to me. I’ve not taken it out for a ride yet. I’m interested to hear how you got on and if you kept the 540?

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
I know…seems crazy to be thinking about returning it but as a lighter rider (72kg) I’ve been really wanting a super light bike having previously had a 23.5kg bike. The M10 in size M weighs 20.3kg with pedals on and I was expecting more like 19kg if I went tubeless.

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
Update - I contacted Orbea directly with the bike serial number and they confirmed that it was assembled with a 360 battery and suggested the Shimano etube app may have a bug. I replied asking what the weight should be and they said that they don’t publish the weights! I took the bike out today on the road and covered 11 miles using mixed modes, 1600 feet elevation and still had 80% of battery left (no range extender) so I’m happy with that although I’m still a bit disappointed with the weight.

mhasselo

Jun 3, 2024
Trondheim
Update - I contacted Orbea directly with the bike serial number and they confirmed that it was assembled with a 360 battery and suggested the Shimano etube app may have a bug. I replied asking what the weight should be and they said that they don’t publish the weights! I took the bike out today on the road and covered 11 miles using mixed modes, 1600 feet elevation and still had 80% of battery left (no range extender) so I’m happy with that although I’m still a bit disappointed with the weight.
I got the same answer from Orbea and from the dealer, but it did not make sense since the weight was about 19,5kg without pedals. The only way to confirm if it's a 360 or 540 was to make them actually open it and look. Turns out it actually was installed with 540 battery. So obviously something went wrong in the factory. Now I don't know if I want to change to 360 or keep the larger battery. Is there a handling difference? Have been out for several runs with the 540 and never been below 50% battery life at the end.

Skelly

Jan 25, 2020
Uk
I’m probably going to get the battery checked and changed as I’m happy to reduce the range to get a lighter bike as I’ve got the range extender for longer rides. I took it away to the Lake District last week and did three rides totalling 35miles over 3 hrs using quite a bit of trail and boost on the climbs and still had 30% battery left so I’m sure that I have the 540 battery. On another note, I’m really disappointed with how noisy the motor is in all modes. Very noticeable whiney noise compared with my previous 2019 Kenevo. Some posts say the EP801rs is quiet but I’m not finding that. What are other people’s opinions on this?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles