New Member from Garmisch, Germany

Duracell24

Aug 9, 2024
Garmisch, Germany
Morning all,

New American member checking in from Germany. I spent the past 18 years and counting in the USAF. Only going to be stationed here for a year and wanted to take advantage of the incredible mountain bike trails around the area!

I don’t have a ton of riding background, and most of it is in Triathlon/road biking. I’m really looking forward to exploring the mountain biking realm out here in Europe.

I currently have a 2023 specialized Kenevo SL that I garnered in a dirt bike trade before I left the states. Unfortunately, it’s a size too small and probably not the right bike for the kind of riding I want to do out here, so it’s currently for sale and I’m looking actively for a replacement. Looking forward to learning from this group!

Semmelrocc

E*POWAH Master
Dec 28, 2021
Germany
Welcome to the forums. If you want to keep your style of miles-crunching, just offroad, your best option might be something like the Specialized Epic. Otherwise, if you want a bit of everything and some assistance, then the Levo SL might be your best option. Enjoy the Alps!

Duracell24

Aug 9, 2024
Garmisch, Germany
Welcome to the forums. If you want to keep your style of miles-crunching, just offroad, your best option might be something like the Specialized Epic. Otherwise, if you want a bit of everything and some assistance, then the Levo SL might be your best option. Enjoy the Alps!
Thanks! Posted on the main forum discussion page with that exact question!

paullin523

Feb 7, 2024
Indianapolis
Morning all,

New American member checking in from Germany. I spent the past 18 years and counting in the USAF. Only going to be stationed here for a year and wanted to take advantage of the incredible mountain bike trails around the area!

I don’t have a ton of riding background, and most of it is in Triathlon/road biking. I’m really looking forward to exploring the mountain biking realm out here in Europe.

I currently have a 2023 specialized Kenevo SL that I garnered in a dirt bike trade before I left the states. Unfortunately, it’s a size too small and probably not the right bike for the kind of riding I want to do out here, so it’s currently for sale and I’m looking actively for a replacement. Looking forward to learning from this group!
Man you are very lucky to be in Garmisch more like a vacation. I was an Army brat back in the day. Family lived in Oberammergau and was bused down to Garmisch for middle and DOD High school. I ride a Giant Trance Advanced here in Indiana 140/150mm 800wh battery. The bike was purchased NEW from Upway at a tremendous $avings and a warranty. They carry Specialized, Orbea, Trek, Niner, Pivot, Santa Cruz, Mondraker and more brands. Their prices are a lot lower than anywhere else. I have no affiliation with them. They are located in a number of Euro countries as well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles