New E160 RSX - anything to look out for

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Mine is on order now; very much n+1 for me as I will still be riding my Capra with my mate most weeks.
Looking forward to riding longer and higher though; so many trails I can't do these days.
I'd be interested to know how that works out ...( riding your Capra )
My Whyte T130rs ( gifted to my son but he's outgrown it ) has sat in my shed for 3.5 years ..unused since I got my E160rs ..😉

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
I wonder how long it will be before its locked up the shed also

I just had to file down my EDC holder as its a very tight fit getting the tool out with the new stem, it slides in and out much easier now, but is still nice and secure and wont fall out on its own accord

NorthernDust

Apr 30, 2024
Pennines
I'd be interested to know how that works out ...( riding your Capra )
My Whyte T130rs ( gifted to my son but he's outgrown it ) has sat in my shed for 3.5 years ..unused since I got my E160rs ..
I get your point but it will get plenty of use as my mate doesn't have an EMTB yet so I will be balancing my rides. If he did it would be gathering dust.

Took the E-160 up to the top of moor Tuesday evening which is about 2/3 country lane and 1/3 rutted multi line tracks. A short blast, there and back ride.
Blown away how easy it was to climb. Never needed more than Tour+, loving the overrun when you hit a rut and likely to pedal strike.
As for the descending, while not a big test it just seemed to propel me, never difficult to handle. There was one final tight little turn at the end of the track which made me feel it was still a nimble bike despite the weight and me not being used to riding my dad's bike (a 29er)

Next ride I'll drop over the back the moor and give it a decent off road descent.

Have some bigger stuff planned of course.

Big grin when I got home.

NorthernDust

Apr 30, 2024
Pennines
Yesterday I finally took it out for a decent run, not a long run but plenty of different climbs and descents.
Rocky and rough, steep, fast and grassy and a twisty section through some woods.
Really impressed. Got a proper feel for it so off to plan a big Dales or Lakes ride.
Today was back to climbing through treacle on the Capra, good downhill though.

Graeme M Clapham

Jul 14, 2024
North Yorkshire
Unite Renegade
Thanks for that , I’m hoping to fit an out front mount for my whahoo elemnt roam using the top or bottom clamp bolts , would you be able to tell me the width of the clamp bolts ( outside of bolt to outside of bolt ) as I’m struggling to find a mount that’s wide enough for the clamp.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Thanks for that , I’m hoping to fit an out front mount for my whahoo elemnt roam using the top or bottom clamp bolts , would you be able to tell me the width of the clamp bolts ( outside of bolt to outside of bolt ) as I’m struggling to find a mount that’s wide enough for the clamp.

I can try to get a rough measurment, I don't have a digital caliper

Graeme M Clapham

Jul 14, 2024
North Yorkshire
I can try to get a rough measurment, I don't have a digital caliper
A rough measurement just with a tape measure would be absolutely fine , I’ve bought a forward mount and it’s just too narrow for the stem clamp fitted as standard so all I need is a stem clamp slightly narrower circa 5mm would be enough .

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
A rough measurement just with a tape measure would be absolutely fine , I’ve bought a forward mount and it’s just too narrow for the stem clamp fitted as standard so all I need is a stem clamp slightly narrower circa 5mm would be enough .

A rough measurement of the bolt head is about 8mm

Davvee

Subscriber
Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
Mine comes tomorrow, I went for the 160rsx in orange. My last bike was a 2022 vitus esommet. I’m looking forward to seeing how different the motors and suspension are, I think I’ll be in for shock at the difference.

Does anyone know if the dt Swiss wheels come already taped for tubeless?

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Mine comes tomorrow, I went for the 160rsx in orange. My last bike was a 2022 vitus esommet. I’m looking forward to seeing how different the motors and suspension are, I think I’ll be in for shock at the difference.

Does anyone know if the dt Swiss wheels come already taped for tubeless?
yep, they do and they include tubeless valves too (or at least mine did)

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Wow, almost 3 months since I owned the bike

Its just been booked in to the LBS for the free Bronze service (not that it needs it), but alt least they can give it the once over and if there is anything worng it gets sorted out

May be a bit dirty when it goes in though as its the day after a trip to Dyfi Bike Park

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Fitted the High rise bars today and managed to snap a stem bolt, don't know my own strength

They are about 20-25mm shorter than the stock bars

Had to fit the original Whyte stem as I didn't have any stem bolts in the right size

Ordered some new Unite ones so I can fit the Unite Stem again

First ride with the new bars will be at Dyfi Bike Park

Hopefully have a Wireless dropper fitted in time too

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
A few additions to the bike today

IMG_0116.jpeg
IMG_0118.jpeg
IMG_0117.jpeg

Davvee

Subscriber
Jul 18, 2021
Mansfield
My plan is when I get my wireless dropper is to route the controller cable out the other side of the frame and along the brake cable to make it cleaner.

Mik3F

Sep 23, 2023
Middleton
Only had 1 ride with the bars, not sure on them yet. Need to ride some more to see how I feel about them, may have to roll them a little forward to start with

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles