New Bosch kiox software update - V3.1.1.0

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Looks like bosch have released a new firmware forthe kiox display, from the release notes it looks minor

Updates available for Nyon and Kiox - Bosch eBike Systems (bosch-ebike.com)

Kiox
Improvements:

• More assistance: The two-stages walk assistance is now active for 10 seconds.
  • Optimized startup time.
  • General improvements in stability and performance.

Anyone tried it? Looks like the main change is to the way walk mode works.
I’ll have to see what version I have but I thought the walk mode was pretty good (start slow then 6kmh). Maybe the length of delay has changed.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I’ll have to see what version I have but I thought the walk mode was pretty good (start slow then 6kmh). Maybe the length of delay has changed.
I haven't tried it but I'm guessing that they have changed the time you have to press the plus button after pressing the walk button from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.

I'll update later today and see if it now correctly displays heart rate transmitted from my watch

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I haven't tried it but I'm guessing that they have changed the time you have to press the plus button after pressing the walk button from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.

I'll update later today and see if it now correctly displays heart rate transmitted from my watch
I wonder if it’s a firmware update to to be done at the LBS.
I have the Apple Watch so heart rate would be nice.
Also have two Purion controllers. These would likely need a visit to the LBS.

0BDEB327-9662-4C37-BDEA-0D5927EA6FE0.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I wonder if it’s a firmware update to to be done at the LBS.
I have the Apple Watch so heart rate would be nice.
Also have two Purion controllers. These would likely need a visit to the LBS.

View attachment 55955
Kiox (and nyon) is updated via your phone using the bosch ebike connect app.

This update is only for kiox and Nyon, not for purion

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Just done the update.

The walk mode timeout is now 10 seconds instead of 3.

Apart from that I cant tell any differences, it still wont display the heart rate transmitted from my watch.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Just done the update.

The walk mode timeout is now 10 seconds instead of 3.

Apart from that I cant tell any differences, it still wont display the heart rate transmitted from my watch.
Hmmm, gonna try again. I thought I had fast internet but not fast enough apparently.
Walk mode to 10sec makes sense. Can’t figure out the ascent feature but heart rate from the iWatch would be nice.
Edit; says my app or firmware is uptodate. I guess I’ll wait a bit for this new version.

Last edited:

Cb750stu

Subscriber
Nov 6, 2020
United Kingdom
I've just done it , took a while to do, just been for a 15 mile ride and no difference noticed tbh , as folk have said you have 10 sec to activate walk mode that's it ?

JRu

Apr 9, 2021
Finland
Hi, I also updated it. After that navigation screen disappeared :(
What about others? Do you have same problem?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Took the bike into the LBS because of a 504 error and a service message a couple of days ago. I cleaned the magnet and speed sensor first with compressed air (and someone’s toothbrush. Of course I rinsed it with “Pure Canadian tap-water” after use.)
To my surprise it needed a firmware update. Took about 12 minutes. I thought I could update the firmware through the Bosch app (eConnect?). I felt obligated to buy something shiny at the time but they didn’t have any eGum. I’ll probably be back. ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
you can update the firmware of the kiox using the bosch app, but thats the limit of it. If the motor or battery firmware needs updating you need to go to a bosch dealer

pkilpo

Apr 12, 2021
Kempele
Hi, I also updated it. After that navigation screen disappeared :(
What about others? Do you have same problem?
Yes same here. Anybody fixed this problem? Bosch said i need to go service for a flash update / recover.
Also walk assistance does not assist at all even says its on

Last edited:

ChrisCM

Nov 11, 2020
Cornwall
After it’s service mine now has what looks like an analogue speedo pointer ( but it’s not!) in the top left corner of the display, no idea what it does but it’s definitely not speed or effort related, any idea what it is?

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I assume it’s the 2020 model of Kiox. (Same here). Interesting 🤔. I don’t know.
8D2F7EC4-7556-4DCA-9143-6CA7B170E8C4.jpeg

Maybe we’re being hacked?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles