New Blue Downhill Trail opening tomorrow 3.9.21.. at Ben Nevis

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. Of course they can.

I wouldn't travel 3hrs from Edinburgh for that trail tho nevermind all the way from England

ant0

Feb 25, 2021
Aviemore, Scotland
It's like a smooth wide path with some berms ?‍♂️

However, it has its place and will be a fantastic money earner for Nevis Range, allowing hundreds of riders access to that elevation and views who can't/won't rider the TC or DH tracks. My wife has even said she'll give the blue a go.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Yeah. Of course they can.

I wouldn't travel 3hrs from Edinburgh for that trail tho nevermind all the way from England
No ..me neither .
I would however consider riding it if it was part of an onward journey ..saying that the gondola fee is a little bit tasty ..?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I had no idea anyone considers £35 a day for a gondola pass pricy. Bearing in mind it's the highest elevation mtb uplift in the UK at 650m and open to mtb riding 9:30-4:30. Easily long enough to get 12 leisurely runs down the world Cup track if you're fit enough.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Not being used to paying for any gondola pass ..ever ..yep I found that pricey ..but then again Im no downhiller ..
It was more the one off fee that brought a sting to my eyes ..?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah. The single journey ticket has always been poor value. Nevis have their reasons. :rolleyes:
But I don't know why you'd ever want to just do one run unless the tracks are way over your ability in the first place.
but even then. £22 is still a small price to pay to avoid having to push a bike for 2 miles through bog and heather to the top

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
But I don't know why you'd ever want to just do one run unless the tracks are way over your ability in the first place.

From a personal point of view as already mentioned Fort William itself has never been a destination ..and also as previously said Im no downhiller..so spending a day there is a non starter.
However as somewhere to spend a bit of time to break up an onward journey ( like Torridon) it holds some appeal ..in the same way Comrie Croft broke up a long journey to the Caingorms a few years back and means the day isnt all about travelling ..
4.5 hours..215miles to Fort William..then a further 2.75 hours 108 miles to Torridon ( and the stuff I like riding ) ..
The appeal would be in the fact that its a " Blue" downhill track ..fun and within the time frame and risk factor I would want to take on day one of a mountain bike holiday ..from what Ive seen I should be able to manage that ..?
I do take on board the point that if you were going for the day though..a day pass is much better value ..

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
Actually Ant its only 50p more for Passenger & Bike ..£22.50 for a single run ..
Screenshot_20210905-045746_Chrome.jpg

Having posed the question with regard to transporting ebikes ..this is the reply ..
Screenshot_20210905-045501_Chrome.jpg

Being a Whyte owner and the amount of faff that is entailed to remove the battery if this was the case ..Im out ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles