New bike decision.....help!

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have a Turbo Levo Comp my2019. Apart from saddle, bars and grips the bike is stock. I do a mix of riding from local forest trails to trail centres and adventure rides. My favourite red or black trail centre with some tech downhill drops and moderate jumps. My Levo has bern 100% reliable and great fun for everything except the rougher gravity stuff. So I will keep the Levo but am now looking for a more Enduro focused bike. I would only buy a direct sale bike if there is warranty support in the UK. I would not buy a shimano motor bike until and unless it has an update to E8000. My priority is top spec suspension and components but not worried whether it is ally or carbon. Budget is c £6. What do you recommend?

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I have a Turbo Levo Comp my2019. Apart from saddle, bars and grips the bike is stock. I do a mix of riding from local forest trails to trail centres and adventure rides. My favourite red or black trail centre with some tech downhill drops and moderate jumps. My Levo has bern 100% reliable and great fun for everything except the rougher gravity stuff. So I will keep the Levo but am now looking for a more Enduro focused bike. I would only buy a direct sale bike if there is warranty support in the UK. I would not buy a shimano motor bike until and unless it has an update to E8000. My priority is top spec suspension and components but not worried whether it is ally or carbon. Budget is c £6. What do you recommend?
I had a similar dilemma several months ago. I owned a 2020 Trek Powerfly LT 9.7 for a few months and felt the need to buy a second Ebike. I asked my Trek LBS mechanic for advice. He told me to get a bike that’s as different to the one I had that I could find. He recommended to consider the Kenevo. He only sold Trek and he literally recommended a competitors bike and lost a sale. When I asked he said,”Diff motor, way different geometry, diff suspension , brakes, drive train , etc. “
It was a great suggestion on his part. The two bikes couldn’t be more different. Gives me a better perspective on what I really like in suspension, brakes, drivetrain and geometry.

I still own both bikes and love the idea of them being so different. I enjoy them both.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I had a similar dilemma several months ago. I owned a 2020 Trek Powerfly LT 9.7 for a few months and felt the need to buy a second Ebike. I asked my Trek LBS mechanic for advice. He told me to get a bike that’s as different to the one I had that I could find. He recommended to consider the Kenevo. He only sold Trek and he literally recommended a competitors bike and lost a sale. When I asked he said,”Diff motor, way different geometry, diff suspension , brakes, drive train , etc. “
It was a great suggestion on his part. The two bikes couldn’t be more different. Gives me a better perspective on what I really like in suspension, brakes, drivetrain and geometry.

I still own both bikes and love the idea of them being so different. I enjoy them both.
Thanks. I have wondered whether some of the bikes I have on my short list are actually that different to my Levo!! The Kenevo is a contender and because I do all my own maintenance there is the benefit that I am familiar with how Spesh build their bikes and how to deal with their potential problem areas. But that familiarity also counts against it as well as price/ component specs.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Whilst it isn’t really the bike you’ve described above I’m going to propose the SL... it’s different enough to a ‘full fat’ bike to warrant having both in the garage. At least that’s how the man maths in my head justified it...

Hobo Mikey

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
May 22, 2020
Where ever

you won’t get much for six pounds. ?

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Whilst it isn’t really the bike you’ve described above I’m going to propose the SL... it’s different enough to a ‘full fat’ bike to warrant having both in the garage. At least that’s how the man maths in my head justified it...
Not for me....Im old and knackered!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles