Levo Gen 3 New 2022 Levo Expert just dropped - £8750 / new colours and specs

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
I doubt bike prices are going down in this lifetime or the next.
I don't think I ever bought a new bike and said to myself ,"Wow that was a great deal!"
I did in Feb 2020 when I purchased a mid-range YT Decoy for $5500 USD in the factory outlet sale. Only last year... but seems like last decade now. Those days aren't happening again for sure.

This new Levo looks great.

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
My 2018 levo comp was $5300. Looking back that was a good deal for GX components.
I wonder if we will look back 4 years from now and think 11k was a good deal for the expert.
Picking mine up today from LBS. !!

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Haha!
The whole bike is bigger and burlier than my gen1. The front feels heavier and higher and I can feel the slacker head when maneuvering the bike in the garage. First pedals around the driveway felt fantastic; comfortable, smooth, fast and quiet.
I like the color. Looks a little brown in low light with a touch of purple. The matte finish looks good but also delicate.
Getting ready to apply a full RideWrap protection kit.

IMG_3797.JPG

j.e.

Jun 29, 2020
Germany
Haha!
The whole bike is bigger and burlier than my gen1. The front feels heavier and higher and I can feel the slacker head when maneuvering the bike in the garage. First pedals around the driveway felt fantastic; comfortable, smooth, fast and quiet.
I like the color. Looks a little brown in low light with a touch of purple. The matte finish looks good but also delicate.
Getting ready to apply a full RideWrap protection kit.

View attachment 63333
Looks great! Can't wait for my Expert to get it next week. What size did you get? How Tall are you?

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
Looks great! Can't wait for my Expert to get it next week. What size did you get? How Tall are you?
I'm 179cm and always a large in bikes. I know guys my size riding mediums and that's all fine and good but I went for an s4 which is longer than my large gen1 by only 1cm. I also took advice from Mike Kaz over at pinkbike who reviewed the gen3.

Ntinos

Oct 5, 2020
Athens, Greece
Thank you. In size S4 it will weigh around 24 kg. with the pedals in my opinion, about 1 kg. 1/2 more than the previous expert: this is not good news for me.

I believe that there is no 1kg carbon material more to S4.
Everything else is exactly the same (except the length of the dropper), so my guess it that the S4 is ~ 23.5 kg (IF the scale of the S. Korean guy above is calibrated :D )

WatermanJim

May 23, 2021
Ocean City, NJ
My Gen3 expert is definitely heavier than my Gen 1 comp with the 700 battery and the 38 fork but i don't care,
I don't think weight matters as much on these bikes. On a regular bike ok, you definitely have to pedal a heavier bike harder, but not an ebike.
On an ebike you have to ride harder. More muscle is required and that's fine by me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles