Levo Gen 3 my turbo levo comp went for service - was told it showed up as an 2022 model?

Razorx

Jul 24, 2022
Sweden
I left my bike for service since the freehub broke. The LBS asked me when i bought it and i said 2024.. in january.
He said.... Thats weird because our program said it was a 2022 year model?

It thought that was weird... It has the golden harvest color so it should be atleast a 2023 year model but im 100% sure that when i bought the bike the dealer (who is not the same who i brought it to now) said i was a 2024 year model.

Has anyone had this issue? That the bike shows up as a diffrent year model in on serial number?!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It may just be that the frame is 2022, but the rest of the bike is as described.
Were there any design changes to the frames 22 vs 24?

You are well advised to get the story (in writing for preference) for when it comes time to sell your bike. The dealer should get the full story from Speccy for you.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
Mine was also advertised as 2023 model year but the frame sticker says it was produced 07/11/2022. With the new App Specialized also removed the option to see the motor version. Anybody know how to see which motor version it is through another app? Blevo maybe?

I think the 2022 base models (idk if alu and carbon) had a 500 wh battery while the 2023 models have the 700 Wh batteries plus the aluminium models got the mission control tcu but not the carbon base model.

Its a bit uncool from specialized to not better communicate which model years have which motor revision/update because this kinda looks like they tried to cheap out on that and try to get away with selling not updated motors to customers that don't have the 4 year warranty extension.

Bndit

Jul 14, 2022
Finland
The prodution date doesn't tell you the year model, only when it¨s made. From colours and specs you'll see the difference in model year and if there isn't any, then it doesn't matter. All Turbo Levos use same motor from 2021, even the last Gen2, only the charging port designed changed on Gen3. Batteries are also same.

Apr 18, 2020
germany
There are at least two versions of the 2.2 motor:
  • Drive S Mag, horizontal, E06855-100
  • Drive S Mag, horizontal, E06855-200
the first one is an older revision and then there are the software updates that should change to motor characteristic to make the motor stress the belt less. There might also be small hardware changes between these versions in terms of longetivety, noise reduction and water ingress.

With the new app specialized removed the ability to see which version of the motor the bike has. The problem is that specialized and brose tried to make running changes coupled with extended warranty for older models and the running changes proved to make the motors more reliable over the last years and people with the generations of the really bad motors got a 4 year warranty but its a bit unclear if you buy a gen 3 model of a levo if you have to most reliable version or a version that will hold up for a few thousand miles and then snap the belt when you're out of the 2 year warranty period.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles