Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Okanagan valley British Columbia
IMG_3874.jpeg
IMG_3875.jpeg

DeRailled7

Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Hi, beautiful area isn’t it. So many wineries. Spent a day once during harvest on the Naramata bench biking down from the KVR with my wife sampling many vintages, finished up at Cannery Brewing.
Traders Cove is that little ‘village’ on the photograph. It is located on the west side of Okanagan Lk just north of the bridge in Kelowna. Picture was taken from Knox Mtn Park. I only rode around Kelowna, that’s where my friend lives. Best riding areas around there are Crawford and Smith Ck. I wouldn’t do a special trip from Ok Falls just for those though. I think the guys at the Bike Barn can point you to some excellent local trails. However if you plan to go to Mira canyon with your misses then you can scoot down Crawford for some fun. Astrid is a great blue trail.

1686499360386.jpeg

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
We use to stay close to the Naramata Bench and only walked around Kelowna. But now we all rent a house (with pool) in OK Falls for vacation.

Venture up the KVR to Penticton now. Very flat and dusty so refreshments are enjoyed in Penticton. We’re only a few Kilometres from Tickle Berries (famous ice cream stop). There’s a few easy trails to explore but we usually put on 40-60kms in the countryside …oh look another winery …let’s stop 😁. I Usually chase the Big Horn Sheep and fires 🔥 in the evening. Hopefully only pics pics of Big Horns this year.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
Still very much a work in progress, still changing seat position, bars, levers, getting used to 29 front end etc but third ride in and the Rail 7 Mullet is showing lots of promise.
Coming from an E7000 the bosch motor is a revelation....:oops:

20230609_112525.jpg

Last edited:

DeRailled7

Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Still very much a work in progress, still changing seat position, bars, levers, getting used to 29 front end etc but third ride in and the Rail 7 Mullet is showing lots of promise.
Coming from an E7000 the bosch motor is a revelation....:oops:

View attachment 117600
Interesting mod. How does it behaves compared to the normal non mullet? Pedal strikes, cornering, climbing? Are you riding in the hi or lo position? I also assume you didn’t ‘tell’ the motor’s software you had 27.5 wheels.

Tone461

Nov 29, 2020
West Midlands
Interesting mod. How does it behaves compared to the normal non mullet? Pedal strikes, cornering, climbing? Are you riding in the hi or lo position? I also assume you didn’t ‘tell’ the motor’s software you had 27.5 wheels.
Truth is I never rode it before the 27 wheel went in. I did think about it but all of my previous bikes have been 27's and I'm a big fan of 27.5 wheels, after riding a couple of full 29's I decided just to go for it straight away. It was a bit strange at first. it felt really high at the front and way too low at the back. Moving the seat angle and height and dropping the bars 10mm helped a lot. The flip chip is in the high position. The fork is a 170mm Lyrik with an RC2 2.1 Charger Damper and Vorsprung Smashpot conversion which is just the best fork I have ever run...on anything! It helps a lot!

We have just come back from the fantastic Afan White's level trail which has a really long rock strewn climb and it wasn't too bad but I was being extra careful. I think I might go for some shorter cranks TBH. The cornering is good but again I think There's more to come from me rather than blaming the bike. I rode the same bike (Vitus E Sommet) for over two years and was Very comfortable on it and knew exactly how hard to push it. I'm already noticing some benefit from the 29 front so I think with a bit more time on the bike I won't be far of the corner speed of before. No I haven't altered the software yet. TBH I'd be interested to know how much sooner the limiter comes in because I honestly really can't tell. Its doesn't feel a huge amount. I have a good Bosch dealer near me (Race Co.) so might take a trip up there at some point.
Hope this helps. Give it a go, why not.(y)

Last edited:

DeRailled7

Oct 27, 2021
Calgary, Canada
Like you i upgraded my Yari with the RC 2.1 charger, i also installed SKF seals. It’s now a Lyrik Deluxe Ultimate. Never thought of a coil spring, don’t know of anyone around here you runs one either. would be fun to try. I was asking about the software update because if it’s not done then the max speed will still read 32km/h but because of the smaller wheel it will be substantially less.

Jan 26, 2023
England
Hi, beautiful area isn’t it. So many wineries. Spent a day once during harvest on the Naramata bench biking down from the KVR with my wife sampling many vintages, finished up at Cannery Brewing.
Traders Cove is that little ‘village’ on the photograph. It is located on the west side of Okanagan Lk just north of the bridge in Kelowna. Picture was taken from Knox Mtn Park. I only rode around Kelowna, that’s where my friend lives. Best riding areas around there are Crawford and Smith Ck. I wouldn’t do a special trip from Ok Falls just for those though. I think the guys at the Bike Barn can point you to some excellent local trails. However if you plan to go to Mira canyon with your misses then you can scoot down Crawford for some fun. Astrid is a great blue trail.

View attachment 117484
amazing view. like a scene out of a movie.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles