Mullets for or against ?

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand
Hi
I have a Dengfu E10 and have just dropped a 27.5 wheel in the back and was just wondering what the pros and cons were for this setup ?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Ride it and report back.

Psst about 1/2 the E10 owners on this forum built them as a mullet and no complaints here.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Over on DIY side of this site, the E10 has been very very very heavily discussed in virtually every configuration possible. Maybe it might be best to spend an hour or three over there as there are multiple threads all discussing the virtues of the long, short, mullet, 29er, 27er you name its been talked about.

VardyR

Feb 4, 2022
New Zealand
Over on DIY side of this site, the E10 has been very very very heavily discussed in virtually every configuration possible. Maybe it might be best to spend an hour or three over there as there are multiple threads all discussing the virtues of the long, short, mullet, 29er, 27er you name its been talked about.
Cheers
Yes being new to the forum I jumped in rather than looking further than the end of my nose
Thanks

militantmandy

Jan 18, 2022
Tweed Valley, Scotland
I mulleted my Starling Murmur and found:
  • about -1 degree head and seat angle
  • about -10mm bb height
  • feet felt more vulnerable in that I was aware they were close to stuff, but it didn't seem to cause any issues
  • bike felt more "fun" but maybe that's because that's what i expected
  • corners felt a bit easier
  • really steep stuff felt a bit easier
  • rear suspension didn't work quite as well, but totally manageable
I only changed back because the wheel I was using was making a horrible noise!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles