Moustache or Cube?

Mattdixon

Mar 2, 2020
Sweden
Hi Everyone,

I'd really appreciate some help/ advice from anyone as I'm really torn on which emtb to buy.
I'd originally narrowed it down to 2 Cube Stereo Hybrid bikes and was leaning on the 140 as it would suit my local trails. I'm nervous that the 120 may not have enough travel for my local woodland terrain.
But... then my local dealer (in Stockholm) said they had a Moustache Samedi Trail 8 which they'd do a deal on: Moustache, Samedi 27 Trail 8 - eloVelo

I'm torn as I know the Moustache is a great bike but I'm also conscious the Cube has the latest gen tech/motor...

Which one would you go for?

note - I'm about 5'11 (179cm) and of average build and weight (77kgs). I'm new to trail biking but have been road and 'a bit of mountain biking' for 30 years.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Can't say I have had any experience with the Moustache, but the Cube 140 Is a great bke. If you could splash out the extra for the 625 battery, I think you will be a happy monkey for a few years to come. Bosch 4th Gen battery, Kiox display.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Can only talk about the Cube. Very happy with it. If you could strech you money a little :oops: the HPC SL 625 could a more suit spot or bang for the buck .;)

Mattdixon

Mar 2, 2020
Sweden
Thanks both! I'm trying to keep the cost around 4k euros as it's insurance paying for it from my last stolen bike (Moustache Friday!).

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Thanks both! I'm trying to keep the cost around 4k euros as it's insurance paying for it from my last stolen bike (Moustache Friday!).
The HPC Race 625 is €3999. I got it for €3600 as I got 10% off. Either bargen with your Handler, or open your piggy bank and toss in a few extra $$$
I would start with some sob stories to your handler and see if he can do anything on the price. (Though I doubt it)
I got the HPC Race for my Wife. It is €500 cheaper than the HPC SL.
It has the same frame / Motor / Battery / Wheels / seat and Dropper / handlebars / crank etc. Has 4 piston brakes. The Forks and rear suspension are Rock Shocks instead of Fox, but still pretty decent.
I think the only real difference is that there is no lockout on the rear shock. Something that you don't actually need on an eMTB.
OH. I just remembered, the HPC Race comes with the 2A charger instead of the 4A. Not a problem if you already have a 4A Bosch charger, but worth considering if you are looking at doing some long tours

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles