Levo Gen 2 Motor replaced. First ride feedback.

Alpman

Oct 21, 2019
Annecy France
Some of you might have read about my motor (1500km - 2019 model) shitting the bed a few days ago. Typical snapped drive belt syndrome - highly whining sound (also from the motor) and in my case rear wheel jammed with no reverse rotation. Took it to LBS Tuesdayand they fitted a new motor (2020 model) today Friday. Just completed a solid 3 hour Alpine workout and without wanting to gush like a giddy schoolgirl, the difference is night and day. Noise is definitely less, smoother and more pleasant. Almost gone are the annoying ticking sounds that accompanied high torque loads. I heard a few but they were muted and infrequent. The drive seems to cut out quicker after torque is removed from the pedals. The previous motor kept driving too long I always thought and this would seem to prove it. On a purely impressions-only note the motor seems just better. Power seems to be the same but less jerky and more natural. I’m obviously stoked and a big shout out to Zero G bike shop in Chamonix France for the super fast turn around.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
I broke one of their snowboards once on a demo, high end, they took it out of the wrapper for me. They were very nice about it and didn't bill me.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles