Mission Control Acceleration Setting

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I stand to be corrected but I think acceleration response is set per mode.....unlike shuttle which is implemented on all modes.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
I couldn't detect any difference between 0% and 100%.

Am I going nuts?

Which bike are you riding? 2017/18 Levo (+all HT) do not use the acc. response settings, but 2019 and later bikes do. Ultimately if the current version of Mission Control shows you Acceleration Response when you connect to your bike, it should work just fine.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Which bike are you riding? 2017/18 Levo (+all HT) do not use the acc. response settings, but 2019 and later bikes do. Ultimately if the current version of Mission Control shows you Acceleration Response when you connect to your bike, it should work just fine.

A '19 Levo.

I'll try it again.

Is it an app wide setting or mode specific?

Thanks.

Specialized Rider Care

Official Specialized
Subscriber
Official Specialized
Jul 12, 2018
Acc response and Shuttle mode are consistent across the 3 support modes (Eco, Trail, Turbo), i.e. you cannot set different levels per support mode.

For the 2019 Levo I believe the first 2 months of production had firmware that didn't support Shuttle mode. When we launched them to retailers we asked retailers to update them prior to handover, but if this wasn't done it could be that shuttle mode on your bike is ineffective. Acceleration response always worked as far as I'm aware. If in doubt, go into Mission Control, Diagnose and reply with the FW versions for motor and display - happy to check for you.

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
@Specialized Rider Care but what does acceleration actually do? Where can I read about it? I tried playing with it vs shuttle mode but don't seem to understand the behavior, thanks
From the manual here:

ACCELERATION RESPONSE
This setting determines how quickly/slowly the motor responds to your rider input. Usually, a slower response setting results in more traction and control during off-road use.

• The default setting ensures a good balance of control and direct motor response.

• Setting the response to 0% results in the slowest response, whereas 100% provides the fastest response.

• The best setting will depend on the terrain, your riding style, and personal preference.

SHUTTLE

With Shuttle activated, you easily get full motor support when pedaling in a higher cadence with less torque (equals leg power). Generally speaking, the motor delivers high power in the most typical riding cadences above 50 RPM when Shuttle is on. So, if you’re someone that prefers to spin a high cadence with less leg power, you’re now able to get maximum motor support. Additionally, Shuttle gives you full support with less leg power when starting from a standstill, like at a traffic light.

• 0% means that Shuttle is off.
• 100% results in the greatest effect of Shuttle.

Last edited:
Reactions: ah1

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles