Michelin E-Wild 2.6 tyres.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
In the case of Maxxis DD and the Michelin E Wild ect ect the more robust sidewalls give me a bit more confidence that they aren’t so susceptible to rock cuts so tend not to be so agile throughout the rock strewn and boulder clad trails that make Torridon sooo good to ride. The E Wilds far outweighed the expectations I had of them. I bought them coz they were cheap…….front and back tyre + £20 change for the cost of a Maxxis DHR II
DD. I’ll run the E Wilds down to the canvas then put the Maxxis on that I bought in case the E Wilds couldn’t cope.
The pics below show the stick the rear tyre took along with a little ding on the wheel, never flackered.

IMG_7851.jpeg IMG_7850.jpeg IMG_7852.jpeg

Thanks for all the input chaps, really appreciated 👌

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
I suspect the reason
In the case of Maxxis DD and the Michelin E Wild ect ect the more robust sidewalls give me a bit more confidence that they aren’t so susceptible to rock cuts so tend not to be so agile throughout the rock strewn and boulder clad trails that make Torridon sooo good to ride. The E Wilds far outweighed the expectations I had of them. I bought them coz they were cheap…….front and back tyre + £20 change for the cost of a Maxxis DHR II
DD. I’ll run the E Wilds down to the canvas then put the Maxxis on that I bought in case the E Wilds couldn’t cope.
The pics below show the stick the rear tyre took along with a little ding on the wheel, never flackered.

View attachment 140602 View attachment 140603 View attachment 140604

Thanks for all the input chaps, really appreciated 👌
I wonder if those tires are cheaper because they're earlier design?
The new e-Wild “Racing Line” F&R were just introduced in March ‘24 and changed some tech, compound & tread.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I suspect the reason

I wonder if those tires are cheaper because they're earlier design?
The new e-Wild “Racing Line” F&R were just introduced in March ‘24 and changed some tech, compound & tread.

Last edited:

Muff1tt

Jun 10, 2022
Wakefield
I've been running the e-wild racing line for the past few months, the grip is amazing in all weathers (UK, Wales and Scotland tested)

I can run lower pressures too which I struggle with anything else under 38psi in all other tyre brands except eddy currents (trust me I've tried so many)
Currently running at 22-24psi front and 24-26psi rear, I'm 94kg kitted up and ride aggressive and gravity

My only gripe is the rear tyre lasted about 8 rides before needing replacing whereas the front still looks new. Spoke to a Michelin rep at hardline last month and he said they designed the tyres to run a 3-1 ratio as the rear is so soft. 3 rears to 1 front tyre. So take from that what you will. He did say it's a race specific tyre so it's designed to perform optimum for a race weekend then replace

Bottom line, I love the racing line tyres but I dunno if I'm willing to keep replacing the rears so much when eddy's are half the price and last me a solid 6 months at least a set. The racing lines are better performance but not sure if the cost is worth the marginal performance increase

Here's my bike, weight is 26kg running coil front and rear. With this setup it's an absolute hoon
20240618_194226.jpg

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
Any one out in Emtb land running Michelin E-wild tyres. Appreciate thoughts, pros and cons.
Cheers
One thing several responders do not note: Just which of e-wild tires you're talking about.
There are different versions of “e-wild” so beware. I can offer opinion on the newly released (3/2024) “Raceline” tires:
I really like the climbing and overall traction of the 2.6 rear tire which is more moto like than other Michelin, Maxxis, Schwalbe etc.. mountain bike tires (I was previously riding trusty Maxxis DHRIi) I’ve ridden it in wet slop, loam and dusty powder.Im not certain about the front 2.6 “Raceline” e-wild tire… it seems to need to be weighted more than the Maxxis Assegai (Maxxgrip 2.5) or it slips in dusty, loose conditions, although so far it does recover without washout, it’s unsettling.

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
What’s the difference between non E and E versions of the Racing Lines. I’m guessing the answer is £10.
After talking with Michelin tech guy in their booth at Sea Otter Classic mtb festival this Spring beyond the different tread pattern apparently the “e” may have heavier casing.

Loamranger

Dec 10, 2019
U.K.
I’m a fan of the DH22. I have the old wire bead version, front and rear. The new version has slightly lower knobs they say and is flexible bead, so weighs a bit less I’m guessing. Anyone tried both versions? Any difference in performance?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles