Matt from NZ

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
Hi, I am building a lightcarbon LCR930 with the new Bafang m820 motor.

I have built a lot of emtbs in the past, generally high power hub motor mtb conversions. After a break for about 5 years I’m building a superlight emtb!!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Hi, I’m in Taranaki, what sort of bike do you ride?
Walked a few of the tracks up the Kiatake range side at Xmas and they are not unlike a lot of the single track I ride here in the U.K., mmmmm with a EMtb one evening, an hour or so and I reckon they would have to be looked at 😄

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Walked a few of the tracks up the Kiatake range side at Xmas and they are not unlike a lot of the single track I ride here in the U.K., mmmmm with a EMtb one evening, an hour or so and I reckon they would have to be looked at 😄
Shhhhhh.....dont give away the trade secrets.

Hey Matt, do you know Goff? He's built up a befang with Chinese frame and is about to build another lighter version.

I too am from the naki.

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
Hi Wayne, small world… thats very close to where I live!!
although you are not supposed to… a lot of guys ride those walking tracks at night time. Most are old school analog and push up…. But with an e-bike.. hmmm

Lussy

Jul 18, 2023
New Zealand
Shhhhhh.....dont give away the trade secrets.

Hey Matt, do you know Goff? He's built up a befang with Chinese frame and is about to build another lighter version.

I too am from the naki.
Hi Plumtree, no I don’t know Goff but would be awesome to touch base and see how he is going with the befang. I hear you are getting an e-bike also?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Yeah there are a lot of tracks out your way which have huge potential. I tried to hire an MTB whilst in NP and all I could find was beach and city bikes unfortunately.

In some ways reminiscent to where I live in the UK, we have about 250m of height to play with out of my back door which is not unsimilar to the Kiatake's if you start from say the track which leads up to the gold mine ( now I have you interested ). The advantage I have is about 0.5M people have the opportunity to walk the 300 kms of local footpaths and bridleways around my area. Most of the paths are quite defined and well trodden making almost perfect single track at times ( mudbaths at others ). Here in the UK we are spoilt by the historical rights of way of the footpath and bridlway networks right across the whole of the UK.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Hi Plumtree, no I don’t know Goff but would be awesome to touch base and see how he is going with the befang. In hear you are getting an e-bike also?

Yep. Got a 190mm Pole Voima.

20230616_132858.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles