Levo Gen 2 Major crash head on

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Looks like a crack or big scratch on the top tube near the levo sticker. Might be worth getting the bike checked over. Hope the recovery goes well.

I saw the same thing, looks like it cracked right down center of the TT in front of the seatpost. Either way, after an impact like that I would get the whole bike checked over very carefully. 100% replace the stem and bars whether they look damaged or not.

Andy__C

Apr 11, 2020
South Wales
Ouch Mate! Very Nasty!

Glad to hear that for the main you are OK. As already mentioned, take your rehab super seriously and really invest in it if you are aiming to get back on the bike quickly. I've broken my wrist and seperately the ulna at the wrist bone and it can take some time and focus to fully get right. Best of luck with it.

It certainly does look like the stem and clamp took the brunt of the impact on the bike but that must have really put some stress on the headset and through to the head-tube.

Did you hit the Seatpost to bend it like that?

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Ouch Mate! Very Nasty!

Glad to hear that for the main you are OK. As already mentioned, take your rehab super seriously and really invest in it if you are aiming to get back on the bike quickly. I've broken my wrist and seperately the ulna at the wrist bone and it can take some time and focus to fully get right. Best of luck with it.

It certainly does look like the stem and clamp took the brunt of the impact on the bike but that must have really put some stress on the headset and through to the head-tube.

Did you hit the Seatpost to bend it like that?
The weight of me and me squeezing the seat at impact caused the bend I suspect. entire groin area and inner thighs are black and blue and purple deep

Singletrack Scene

Nov 14, 2020
Nottingham
I crashed head on my 2021 turbo levo expert going 20 mph into a concrete bar beam I didn't even see until it was too late. I could have been killed. 2 Miracles, 1 that I'm going to be o.k. with no permanent injuries most likely and 2 The bike is without a scratch or slightest damage other then the seatpost. Look at the triple clamp 2 screws . That is the point of impact. You can see the concrete from the bar I'm mpact covering the screws. Broken wrist/forearm, and bruising completely covering my entire pelvic region down to my upper thighs from apparently the seat impact or handlebars I'm not sure but look at that seat post!!

View attachment 49894

View attachment 49895

View attachment 49896

View attachment 49897

View attachment 49898

View attachment 49899

View attachment 49900
Speedy recovery!!!

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Sorry to be that guy - but that's a carbon frame, yeah?

If it is, please don't assume that the bike is in the clear, because it really isn't - a hit like that is almost certainly going to compromise the integrity of the frame.

Get it checked out.

On the bright side, I can confirm that chicks dig scars, so...
Had my bike checked out All good news frame is 100% good Going to get a new upgraded Fox dropper post and I'll be good to go in a couple of months!; Some guys will do anything for an upgrade lol

johnscioscia

Sep 14, 2020
Tampa
Just heard back from dealer bike is a okay Heck of an excuse to get a new Fox dropper post though isn't it!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles