looking for a spare 600w battery Allmtn 7 2021

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
My new Allmtn 7 should be dropping this week I purchased mine direct from Haibike as most of my local shops were dismissive about delivery dates and they had them in stock on the Haibike website, the cycle shops couldn't tell me when i could expect to have one. While i will be breaking it in over the next few weeks i am looking at doing some bike packing fairly soon and want a spare battery, searching the net has come up with zilch, i wondered if anyone has had been successful in finding one.

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Is it the same fitment as the Giant in tube battery?

Or the 500wh version?

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Is it the same fitment as the Giant in tube battery?

Or the 500wh version?

yep i had seen the 500wh ones was looking for the 600, not sure of the giant is the same as its 625 and not sure if the charging system is different but they look very similar.

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
OK so i managed to get an additional battery for the Allmtn 7 2021 with yamaha 600wh intube battery, it is completely different to any of the other Yamaha/Hiabike batteries, the plug and charging arrangements are completely differnt to the 500wh battery. In addition the batteries do not come with a mounting lock plate, this is an Abus part made for Haibike/Yamaha and they appear difficult to get (back order). I didnt want to undo four screws with the risk of dropping them in the field when changing batteries, as well as all the time and faffing, so i managed to design and 3d print a plate, its a bit basic but does the job. I can print for others if needed for the cost of the materials, or supply the stl file f.o.c. for those who have thier own access to 3d printing. on the left is the printed one and on the right the original.

20201110_174229.jpg

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
Your not going to unscrew anything from the battery are you? Could it kill you if you get a short circuit? I would be very very cautious. If these batteries explode they are like bombs..

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Your not going to unscrew anything from the battery are you? Could it kill you if you get a short circuit? I would be very very cautious. If these batteries explode they are like bombs..
This is complete scare mongering if you look at the battery it is an end cap on the opposite end of the battery from the contacts and when you receive a new battery it doesn't come with an end cap so you have to screw one on. Its a part that isn't even made by yamaha its an abus part you should get your facts right before posting as an engineer i really do know what I'm doing hence why I can make the stuff I have.

BOTG

Oct 28, 2020
Edo
This is complete scare mongering if you look at the battery it is an end cap on the opposite end of the battery from the contacts and when you receive a new battery it doesn't come with an end cap so you have to screw one on. Its a part that isn't even made by yamaha its an abus part you should get your facts right before posting as an engineer i really do know what I'm doing hence why I can make the stuff I have.
Wow bit aggressive.. People who have no knowledge of this may try it. My mum's partner is an electrical engineer and said these battery's can be very dangerous if messed with incorrectly. So put your panties back on and maybe you should consider others before biting my head off.

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Wow bit aggressive.. People who have no knowledge of this may try it. My mum's partner is an electrical engineer and said these battery's can be very dangerous if messed with incorrectly. So put your panties back on and maybe you should consider others before biting my head off.

like I said its a separate cap you cannot access the batteries so you are not warning anyone of anything. You really should not make posts about stuff when you have no personal knowledge of the subject matter, and if you bothered to read the original post it is clear that it is an end cap that does not come with the battery and is not part of the battery.

Last edited:

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
I have now put the STL file up on thingiverse for self 3d printing, i would recomend printing in nylon although I printed the prototype in PLA and its working fine as is, it does need some edges filing once printed, and you will need to source the right screws (std metric thread) this should fit all of the 2021 allmtn bikes with a 600wh intube battery, but i have only tried it on the allmtn 7.0, it will not fit the 500wh battery as the locking plate is different, and the screw holes are in different places.

Alexj

Oct 7, 2020
Tredegar
OK so i managed to get an additional battery for the Allmtn 7 2021 with yamaha 600wh intube battery, it is completely different to any of the other Yamaha/Hiabike batteries, the plug and charging arrangements are completely differnt to the 500wh battery. In addition the batteries do not come with a mounting lock plate, this is an Abus part made for Haibike/Yamaha and they appear difficult to get (back order). I didnt want to undo four screws with the risk of dropping them in the field when changing batteries, as well as all the time and faffing, so i managed to design and 3d print a plate, its a bit basic but does the job. I can print for others if needed for the cost of the materials, or supply the stl file f.o.c. for those who have thier own access to 3d printing. on the left is the printed one and on the right the original.

View attachment 44377
hi I'm picking up my new haibike all mountain next week and I'm looking to get a spare battery would it be possible for you to print me one of these locking plates please obviously id be willing to pay

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
hi I'm picking up my new haibike all mountain next week and I'm looking to get a spare battery would it be possible for you to print me one of these locking plates please obviously id be willing to pay
Yes I can but have you got a spare battery yet, they can be difficult to locate.

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
Not yet... I have contacted haibike also but they haven't got back to me yet. How long or what kind of range are you getting from the bike at the moment with one battery.
Thats a difficult one as its affected by so many things like weight of the rider ascent and descent and how much assist you use etc but I'm 16 stone and manage regularly over 50 miles with average hills, i have a second battery for when I go bike packing in normal circumstances I don't need it. Let me know once you get a a battery.

Deano17

Dec 1, 2019
Hull

View attachment 44377
Hi mate, where did you get the spare battery from in the end? Cheers

RichardHawes

Oct 11, 2020
Southampton uk
They're selling 600wh intube Yamaha battery's on Yamaha Intube battery 600Wh - ElectricGarage the price is ridiculous

That's weird they say its an upgrade to the 500wh battery in the text but show a picture of the new 600wh battery that comes with the 2021 allmtn bikes, which wont fit the older 500wh bikes as the connector is different. So anyone wishiong to buy would be best to ring them first to make sure they are buying the right thing for their bike.

Griff954

Sep 18, 2021
fowey

View attachment 44377
Can you still produce the end plate for Yamaha 500wh I tube battery Richard. Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles