List of upgrades on my Wild FS H25

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
As the H25 was the only model available in my size when I bought the bike I knew that I would want to change a few things to improve the bike for my use.
New wheel set Spank 350 vibrocore on dt Swiss 240s hubs
SLX brakes
XT brake rotors
Rockshox Zeb Ultimate fork
Nukeproof horizon stem and bars
Michelin e wild tyres
Ergon GE1 grips
XT shifter and chain
Next will be changing the sun race cassette once it is worn out but still undecided about changing the set up to sram from shimano as all my other bikes are running on sram and I prefer the shifting characteristics of sram , maybe try axs , any thoughts ?
Before and after photos attached

FAC480B7-5FBA-48C0-9629-96E62944E2BD.jpeg

60435507-DF84-459E-85C7-ADE792C2C78A.jpeg

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've got the mteam model, but just upgraded to the SRAM axs derailluer , its nice, works really well. But obviously it leaves holes in the chainstay where the cable used to run, I just put a bit of tape over them to stop water/mud getting in.

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
Hi Mteam
I've got the mteam model, but just upgraded to the SRAM axs derailluer , its nice, works really well. But obviously it leaves holes in the chainstay where the cable used to run, I just put a bit of tape over them to stop water/mud getting in.
I am finding the shifting on the shimano / sunrace clunky and loud which I haven ever experienced before, not sure if it is an ebike thing or component set up , how is the AXS performance ?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
Hi Mteam

I am finding the shifting on the shimano / sunrace clunky and loud which I haven ever experienced before, not sure if it is an ebike thing or component set up , how is the AXS performance ?
Shifts nicely, super smooth, no clunks. But I dont have the sunrace cassette, I have the shimano Xt 12 speed cassette and shimano 12 speed chain.

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Looks sharp as heck, love it. (y)

I'd definitely recommend wireless shifting. YMMV, but I find that once it's dialed in I'm just more focused on other aspects of my ride.

FWIW, what I've done so far:
XT Chain
Spank Split 35 stem
OneUp handlebar and 180mm dropper (good match for Size L by the way)
SQLab saddle
Double battery support
Light Bicycle rims with X0/Onyx hubs
TRP DHR Evo brakes on MDR-P rotors (front at 220 now)
Favero Assioma power meter
Cell Cycling wireless shifter

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
Looks sharp as heck, love it. (y)

I'd definitely recommend wireless shifting. YMMV, but I find that once it's dialed in I'm just more focused on other aspects of my ride.

FWIW, what I've done so far:
XT Chain
Spank Split 35 stem
OneUp handlebar and 180mm dropper (good match for Size L by the way)
SQLab saddle
Double battery support
Light Bicycle rims with X0/Onyx hubs
TRP DHR Evo brakes on MDR-P rotors (front at 220 now)
Favero Assioma power meter
Cell Cycling wireless shifter
Thank you Gyre, I had never heard of Cell Cycling before , interesting. I have already ordered a new XD freehub so the AXS upgrade kit is next !!

mtbinsd

May 4, 2021
Southern California
After i snapped the KMC chain, I removed the SunRace and switched to the Shimano 12 speed Chain/Cassette (to get the full HG+ experience) and its been great. Shifting on the new shimano felt much more solid than my GX Eagle 12 of my Yeti. It just felt like each gear change was more authoritative. Not a good comparison for E, to Non E - but i now have Shimano 12 speed on my Yeti too. I would consider using the GX AXS shifter, however with Shimano chain/cassette.

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
After i snapped the KMC chain, I removed the SunRace and switched to the Shimano 12 speed Chain/Cassette (to get the full HG+ experience) and its been great. Shifting on the new shimano felt much more solid than my GX Eagle 12 of my Yeti. It just felt like each gear change was more authoritative. Not a good comparison for E, to Non E - but i now have Shimano 12 speed on my Yeti too. I would consider using the GX AXS shifter, however with Shimano chain/cassette.
Thanks for this info , my thought for going to sram is I am running gx and xO on my other bikes both 12speed and the shifting is far superior to what I have now on the wild. Must be the sun race cassette that is spoiling the experience.

ionut.holbia

Dec 31, 2020
Lausanne
Just got an Orbea Wild FS H30. Don't mind the 500Wh battery for now, it makes me work a bit harder but I am looking to upgrade the wheels and the breaks.

Don't know what to go for.

Wheels:
* Custom wheels: DT Swiss 350 Ratchet 36T, DT Swiss EX511 rims -> 500 - 600 Euro
* DT Swiss H1900 (Cheaper but without the Ratchet system hub, don't know if it makes such a big difference) -> 300-400 Euro
* DT Swiss H1700 - 500 - 600 Euro

Along with the wheels looking to change the Sunrace Cassete maybe to a Deore M6100. Really don't like the shifting.

Breaks:
* Shimano SLX M7100
* Magura MT5e Stop

Any advice on the options above?

Cheers

IMG_1827.jpg

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
These are my personal opinions and other peoples advise could differ
I changed the chain to a shimano XT and it has improved the shifting a lot , I will live with the sun race cassette until it needs changing and then probably change the whole drive train to sram gx axs .
regarding wheel sets my preference is the ratchet system as there are no pawls and service is easy and they are quite robust
My SLX 4pot brakes are good , easy to bleed and good modulation .
Hope the above helps

Last edited:

Ynk1

Feb 27, 2021
Wildfs2021
Finally got all the parts and have upgraded to Sram axs , it was interesting sourcing components in the present climate but managed to eventually get everything that was needed , first test ride will be later today.

03F681D7-6BC4-4798-A426-12B193367A0C.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles