Lights

Prairie Dog

Subscriber
Mar 25, 2021
Alberta, Canada
I came from a Niterider Pro 3600 and light performance was decent, loved the handy thumb remote but the bulky battery pack that was attached to the top tube was a bit of a downer. I sold it, moved on and acquired the more streamlined Outbound system. Clipping in and out of the unobtrusive low-profile mount couldn’t be easier and the clever cable manager keeps things tidy and out of the way.

IMG_20221129_1947294.jpg
IMG_20221214_1626091.jpg

Brian VT USA

Oct 2, 2023
VT, USA

Thuppu

Jul 9, 2024
Finland
I have a quite new bike and now when it starts to be dark evenings here, I was in need of a decent LED light. Didn't wan't to spend much on it, so I ordered a cheap 17 Led Vastfire from Aliexpress. Have been happy with it. Light power is good and the beam is very wide with almost no hotspot. The battery seems to last quite long time and the timer for the remaining battery is handy. Ordered a second one for my lady.

Made a small unbox and test video of it:

IMG_20240820_223026_compress32.jpg

IMG_20240820_145616_Bokeh_compress36.jpg

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I have a quite new bike and now when it starts to be dark evenings here, I was in need of a decent LED light. Didn't wan't to spend much on it, so I ordered a cheap 17 Led Vastfire from Aliexpress. Have been happy with it. Light power is good and the beam is very wide with almost no hotspot. The battery seems to last quite long time and the timer for the remaining battery is handy. Ordered a second one for my lady.

Made a small unbox and test video of it:

View attachment 146208
View attachment 146209
Do you know what IP rating it got?

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I know we mostly need to have front lights for the trail but I was wondering if any of you is also using some lights for the back. And if so: any recommendation?

Anders

Subscriber
Oct 11, 2023
Norway
I know we mostly need to have front lights for the trail but I was wondering if any of you is also using some lights for the back. And if so: any recommendation?
I use this one: Sykkelbaklykt Light5 Blip, 60 lm (The text is in Norwegian, but google translate will take care of that).

The best about it is that it has an accelrometer inside, so it turns on as soon as the bike starts moving. The downside is that I have to take it off to charge it (using USB-C).
The first one I bought stopped turning on by movement (mostlikely after an OTB crash), but I got a new one for free.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Thank you!

I have the exact same light but from China.
It is ok but I wanted something a bit stronger. 60lm is somehow weak for me :)
I have tried a couple of different taillight and this is the one I prefer.
IPX7 and 1000mah battery is also nice.
Only downside is USB not USB-C.

unclezz

May 3, 2020
CZ
I have tried a couple of different taillight and this is the one I prefer.
IPX7 and 1000mah battery is also nice.
Only downside is USB not USB-C.

Thanks.

I am thinking to get a Magicshine seeme 300 or 150 🙂

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles