'Light Bicycle' Custom wheel builds. Any experiences, thoughts and advice?

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Custom made Carbon wheel sets made from a multiple choice of parts. Prices are reasonable. If outside the U.S the wheels are built in China (make of that what you will).
Here... carbon mountain bike wheelset-mountain wheel,mtb wheel,mountain bike carbon wheel,carbon mtb wheels,carbon mtb wheelset Light-Bicycle

Here I have selected a 30mm internal width 'pro carbon' wheel set, Which have an automatic 5 year guarantee (pay extra for life time).
What parts would you choose for a well balanced light wheel set?

Last edited:

CavMan

Jun 9, 2020
Australia
I have purchased two sets of wheels from them in the past 8 months. Seriously great quality, excellent communication and fast shipping.

Have no problems recommending them. You won't regret it.

In my case my wheels were for my road bikes not my Emtb. This is one set I got.
700c-30mm-wide-56mm-deep-aero-wheels-on-white-Focus-Paralane-road-bike.jpg

z1ppy

E*POWAH Master
May 11, 2018
West Mids
I bought a set for my Evil Following in June 2015, still working fine (admittedly not a lot of use lately)

paquo

Jul 31, 2018
usa
i bought a set for my rigid mtb a few years ago and they have taken some abuse and only needed a new spoke and one trueing session. At the time the hub selection was nowhere near what it is now , i went with hopes but now there are some pretty high end options, i made yours with dt 54 tooth cuz bombproof but the hydras are tempting

Salespunk

Jul 27, 2020
Encinitas, CA
Have bought several sets of LB wheels and they are solid and durable. Downside is that they are very harsh compared to Rovals and Santa Cruz wheels. Just depends on what you are looking for, but definitely not a bad choice.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles