Levo Gen 2 Levo positives

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
My Levo Comp is celebrating its 2 year anniversary. I just logged in with MC for the first time for months just out of curiosity. All the motor/battery/display firmware version are still as it was when new so MC gave me loads of update prompts...all of which I ignored! Dont fix what aint broke!!........especially software!

2000 kms..............battery 100%...............45 charge cycles ( including 90% charged battery for tomorrows ride..........I rarely charge to 100%....maybe once every 6 weeks.

In 2 years the only fault was the Rev forks needing a lower leg service from new. No other faults...never missed a beat, and is ridden summer and winter, mostly in the forests. I have a Whyte e180 for more Enduro rated trails.

Apart from regular cleaning and lubeing, the bike is comprehensively stripped and checked over mid winter ( so twice so far).

In 2 years, the following parts have been changed

Hub bearings rear....1 set
Cassette......1 replacement
chainring....1 replacement
freehub pawls and spring....renewed twice
forks.......replaced with 160mm Lyric Ultimate
Nukeproof riser bar and Ergon grips to replace original bar.
shock.......replaced with Fox DPS ( but RS Deluxe RT retained as spare to enable servicing)
brake pads......3 complete sets front and back
Brake bleed......twice
Chain..........3 replacements
tyres.........replaced with Michelin Wild Enduro 2.4/ 2.3 Eliminators for summer use. ( all tubeless)
Battery to motor cable............changed to ver3 before the original had a chance to cause problems
original repaired and kept as spare.
Stealth maxle..............original sold together with the Rev forks

The bike continues to put a smile on my face every time I use it, and I have had some fabulous rides over 2 years including spells in the Peak District and Brecon Beacons. With the 160 Lyric the bike is even more capable than its original spec. Frame protection only used in the most vulnerable places and all paintwork on the frame is still really good. I am 70 now and this bike has helped maintain my fitness and health as well as being an absolute gem during all the lockdowns.

Original price was £5000 with a 10% discount ...so £4500 plus free DMR pedals.
AND.........the motor still has another 2 years warranty.

Miru

Oct 23, 2020
Romania
Damn 70 and rocking a Levo. Hope i can say that one day( well with a flying Levo by that time, hopefully)

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
Mines done 4500km in 10 months. Not a lot of miles by any means, but it's getting enough use to justify the purchase.

Had to replace most of the above but I've not replaced the suspension or hub bearings. 5 chain replacements.

But not on that list is two Rockguards, Six Pivot (frame) Bearings and new Rear Wheel after the original got it's rim damaged in a failed attempt to Bunny Hop over something made out of stone. Dropper post major repair after I snapped it while attempting to service it. It's now awaiting a replacement Motor as well.

Last edited:

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Mines done 4500km in 10 months. Not a lot of miles by any means, but it's getting enough use to justify the purchase.

Had to replace some of the above but I've not replaced the suspension or hub bearings. 5 chain replacements.

But not on that list is two Rockguards, Four Pivot (frame) Bearings and new Rear Wheel after the original got it's rim damaged in a failed attempt to Bunny Hop over something made out of stone.
I use a mudhugger front mudguard on the rear with a cheap version of the enduro mudguard below it ...and the RS Lyric mudguard on the front. I have had no problems with pivot bearings. I use a stiff bristle brush to clean out around the pivots and use chain lube on them every time I lube the chain.........I also put some lube on the dropper and fork/shock shafts. All wiped clean after pushing the bike through some travel and pushing the seatpost down. No motor guard. I only take the battery out about once every 6 months.

salko

Aug 29, 2019
SLO
Wow, that's quite lot of replaced parts for only 2kkms, you must be riding it hard ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles