Levo Gen 2 Levo HT fork questions

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
Looking at upgrading my Levo HT forks and have a few questions, specification says my existing forks are 47mm offset, so will 51mm offset be ok and what difference will it make? Does anyone know what length the steering stem is and is it tapered? if I find a set of forks with a longer steering stem do I just cut them to the length required? Browsing eBay looking at forks and trying to work out what will fit? many thanks (y)

GDAS

Sep 19, 2018
Surrey, UK
A friend of mine has a 2019 HT and the stock forks were Suntour XCM with straight, not tapered, steerer. He replaced them with Rockshox Recon RL from Chain Reaction, which have a tapered tube, meaning he needed to also replace the lower portion of the standard headset.

However, I suspect that you'll find (on your 2020 model) that your Suntour XCMs are tapered so there shouldn't be an issue. It should be easy enough to undo the stem and have a look.

CRC/Wiggle were recently doing a good deal on Fox Rhythm 34 120mm boost forks for £299 but I think they're sold out.

I don't really know what difference 47 versus 51 offset will make - but essentially the Suntour is a fairly cheap and nasty fork, and most Fox/Rockshox forks will be a league apart.

You need to be looking for 29er boost (15 x 110 axle). 120mm travel is probably about optimum. If you buy new, then yes, you may well have to cut the steering tube down unless you pad it out with spacers. Rather than use a saw, I think it's common to use a plumber's pipe-cutting tool.

Can't say I'm an expert in this field but hopefully been of some help.

Howz

Oct 12, 2019
Chester
That’s great, many thanks for the info’ it makes it a lot clearer (y)

RosieR1

Jul 3, 2020
Sunderland UK
I’ve just upgraded my 2020 HT forks the Suntour had a straight steerer and my rockshox Judy were tapered the head tube is designed to take a tapered steerer using the original bearings the only thing I had to buy was a standard head race and fitted like a glove massive improvement on Suntour pile of ?

Wiltshire Warrior

E*POWAH Master
Jul 3, 2018
Poole
Same dilemma here Rockshox Pike in 41 or 52 offset?

according to bike radar the shorter the offset, the more trail

and the more trail, the more stable the steering

So the 51mm should be more twitchy and the 42 more stable?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles