Levi problems...Are they true?

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Looking at making an ebike purchase and have short listed the Levo. But there seems to be lots of problems with the 2019 model. Dirt/water ingress in the motor, motor issues, cable issues etc.
Does the Levo really have this many issues???

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
It depends when your model was made. After January they have made the Mod's to the bike and I would imagine anywhere you can get one now will have these issues fixed.

Mine is Jan 2019 and it sorted the motor ingress, the rear linkage and they fitted frame tape to the downtube to protect it.

Motor issues seem to be an anomaly. I had mine changed but in hindsight, it was not a noisy motor I just came off a 2017 Levo which is near silent and the 2019 isn't completely silent. Chris @Berkshirecycles changed it no quibbles..

I did need my power cable changing though which was annoying. The perceived problems against the joy of ownership. Well it's, to me, the best bike out there at the moment.

Make sure wherever you buy one there is good dealer support as with any purchase of an eBike.

They do have a couple of issues but everyone I know that has one wouldn't change theirs..

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
Levi’s have a double seam right where you don’t want it! :eek:

You need a pair of jeans with a gussetted crotch.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
My first pair, 30" waist, got so worn that they ended up as a pair of shorts (patches, frayed seams etc). Many years later when I could no longer get them on, my elder daughter grabbed them as a pair of super cool shorts. "You can't buy these!" is what she told me. I think she still has them and she's in her 40's now.
About ten years ago I tried selling my old Levi jacket on eBay, but I withdrew it from sale because I couldn't get enough for it. It was second hand when I got it 50 years ago.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Similar problem. About 25 years ago I was on some Outward Bound style team building course thing. When, as a team, we refused to abseil off a high cliff, we were "punished" with a five-hour horse trekking expedition across Dartmoor (high, bleak, open moorland for those outside the UK). I had jeans on, and they got wet. I ended up with a long thin sore on the inside of each thigh and two imprints on my arse that looked as though I'd been kicked by a horse. Oh and sunburn and insect bites (they love horses) and nettle rash on my ankles. Apart from that, it was a fun day out (not!)

rs4kev

Oct 1, 2018
Darkest Dorzet
Looking at making an ebike purchase and have short listed the Levo. But there seems to be lots of problems with the 2019 model. Dirt/water ingress in the motor, motor issues, cable issues etc.
Does the Levo really have this many issues???

Mine was a January 2019 one which had the cable fault. That's been sorted and it's been perfect since. Wouldn't change it.

davarello

Oct 29, 2018
New Zealand
Mine is from October last year and its had the noisy motor replaced, a new dropper post installed and I'm on the second charger. Not ideal, but all sorted promptly by the shop with very little downtime. Still a great bike to ride.

Boots3150

Sep 24, 2018
Melbourne
Problems like getting enough riding time!
Mine is from the first batch of 2019 and at around 2500km is still going strong.
Would consider another as a commuter if 25kph limit was not such a pain.
The limit is not a problem for trail riding though. Get on it!

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
It depends when your model was made. After January they have made the Mod's to the bike and I would imagine anywhere you can get one now will have these issues fixed.

Mine is Jan 2019 and it sorted the motor ingress, the rear linkage and they fitted frame tape to the downtube to protect it.

Motor issues seem to be an anomaly. I had mine changed but in hindsight, it was not a noisy motor I just came off a 2017 Levo which is near silent and the 2019 isn't completely silent. Chris @Berkshirecycles changed it no quibbles..

I did need my power cable changing though which was annoying. The perceived problems against the joy of ownership. Well it's, to me, the best bike out there at the moment.

Make sure wherever you buy one there is good dealer support as with any purchase of an eBike.

They do have a couple of issues but everyone I know that has one wouldn't change theirs..
Tell me please what do I do if I don't have a good dealer in the area

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Tell me please what do I do if no dealer support in area for any brand of bike never mind good dealer support. All dealers I speak to on phone promise all singing and dancing support they wil even send me a S works free postage if I buy one and assure me any local bike shop should and will be able to arrange warranty cover that's if I ever have a problem with it as they are so reliable. What a load of Magumba. I'm screaming to buy one money is burning a hole in ma pooch but ???????

Last edited:

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Tell me please what do I do if no dealer support in area for any brand of bike never mind good dealer support. All dealers I speak to on phone promise all singing and dancing support they wil even send me a S works free postage if I buy one and assure me any local bike shop should and will be able to arrange warranty cover that's if I ever have a problem with it as they are so reliable. What a load of Magumba. I'm screaming to buy one money is burning a hole in ma pooch but ???????

crazyethnic

Sep 26, 2018
Australia Victoria
F#%k me I must have the perfect Levo crashed it a 1000 times rode through rivers with the water level up to my neck fell down a mine shaft and used it for a ladder to clime out mined you I did chip the paint.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
F#%k me I must have the perfect Levo crashed it a 1000 times rode through rivers with the water level up to my neck fell down a mine shaft and used it for a ladder to clime out mined you I did chip the paint.
This!!
Here in Europe they sell thousands of Levo's every month and only those who have troubles, write on the internet...the others just ride.

Cheers mate!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles