LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I decided to play around on a trail that generally only ridden in one direction on a day I knew not many people would be out on this day. This isn't a one-way trail but rides much better in the other direction.

Also testing out the new GoPro and using Davinci Resolve for the first time. Something is going on with my frame sizing so still need to learn more about Davinci Resolve.

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
Two difficult Double Black steep tech trails I have been working on during the past few months have led me to believe that a Kenevo SL may not be the best bike to master them on with their many tight and rocky turns. Empress is still a work in progress and Boogieman has several more challenging lines to attempt, when I get younger.

Boogieman - Mt Seymour

Empress - Mt Seymour

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Two difficult Double Black steep tech trails I have been working on during the past few months have led me to believe that a Kenevo SL may not be the best bike to master them on with their many tight and rocky turns. Empress is still a work in progress and Boogieman has several more challenging lines to attempt, when I get younger.

Boogieman - Mt Seymour

Empress - Mt Seymour
That looks like an awesome day out!

Cleggy

Aug 11, 2023
Northern Ireland
Help me out, which POV do you prefer? Specifically the POV, I already know the camera fitted to the chest mount is inferior video quality, exposure etc but which POV is your favourite?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Help me out, which POV do you prefer? Specifically the POV, I already know the camera fitted to the chest mount is inferior video quality, exposure etc but which POV is your favourite?

I like both, the chin gives a smoother easier watch, but the chest gives a more aggressive faster feel?
Depends what you want to portray I guess.
When doing flowy trails I like the chesty, more technical from the chin.

Cleggy

Aug 11, 2023
Northern Ireland
I like both, the chin gives a smoother easier watch, but the chest gives a more aggressive faster feel?
Depends what you want to portray I guess.
When doing flowy trails I like the chesty, more technical from the chin.

Thanks. Something that probably wasn't clear enough is that I had the best camera on the chin, best for quality, resolution and stabilisation. I should probably have swapped cameras and mounts too.

The chesty in this was actually a 360degree camera and like you I think it does add a level of "aggression" or closer feel to how riding the trail is.

Even though I have always favoured the chesty it is a big inconvenience, mounting to the chin on the full face could well be my new goto pov.

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
I use my GP10 onthe chin and the 360 on the chest and swap between the two, but record the same footage.
Sometimes I move the 360 around the bike or helmet too, breaks it up a bit.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
First fat bike ride of the season on my 2022 Norco Bigfoot VLT 1. I was testing some GoPro lab settings, and they messed up some of my normal settings. Things like EV are set at 0 which in the snow I always go -1 or -2.

Open to feedback on the video editing and colour grading. I'm also trying to keep the videos to under 10 min but took this from 2 hours down to 25, then 16.. And just now cut down to 12 for a final edit.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey

Chin mount is way better imo , even if filmed with an inferior cam it will look smoother cos when riding your head is the most stable part of you plus who wants to see bendy arms blocking the view 🤙
You got the perfect angle with the bars and hands just in shot also if you use the chesty make sure it’s as high as possibly cos yours looked more of a belly mount ☺️

Bones

E*POWAH Elite
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Hi chest mount is what I've ended up with. Because I always use a power pack the chest mount keeps it compact.
I have used chin mount with a full face but having the power pack strapped on it as well made it heavy and I must move my head a lot because the videos gave you motion sickness watching them.

Haveland

Apr 21, 2022
New Brunswick, Canada
I find the chest vs helmet mount interesting. It feels like such a personal preference I usually prefer chest mount and can't stand my footage with the helmet mount. It feels too smooth... I like seeing the bike twisting and getting some motion and not perfect stabilization.

I did this trail twice and had completely planned on going with the helmet mount but ended up going with my first pass on the chest mount just because it felt so much closer to what it felt like being on the trail myself.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles