LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Making the most of wherever I've lived has generally involved getting off my arse and building.
For me it was more exploration to find interesting/testing places. But i do need to go back and visit some of the trails i helped build up when i was on furlough to see if they are still there.

The original point is still very valid in that testing a high end fork on a gravel path isn't really showing any of the benefits which it was designed to offer.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
Mate.
I can't believe you think those trails are a "test" for a 36 or a Lyrik. They'd barely be a test for a gravel bike.
Also. Drop your wrists and get your ass off the saddle.
Wow @Gary , if I didn't know any better your starting to sound like the same people who come out with the usual 'black people should stick with hardtails".
I'll note your criticism and refrain from uploading any further vids to this thread.
Cheers mate ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
WTAF mate?
The colour of your skin has absolutely nothing to do with any comment I've ever made here nor am ever likely to.

Seriously though. drop those wrists a little and stay stood up more and your riding will improve hugely. It's not critcism, from your video you're clearly a beginner and I was simply offering some sound advice to allow you to progress quicker. Take it or leave it but there's no need to cause a huge drama over it.
You're actually quite watchable as a presenter. But you don't have much riding skill, experience or much of a clue about what you're talking about when it comes to the bikes. Personally I couldn't dream of being able to edit a video for youtube anywhere near as well as you do.

Oh... and hardtails are awesome... If I had to get rid of all but one of my 10 bikes the one I'd keep would be my hardtail.

AdmChr

E*POWAH Master
Nov 21, 2019
SWPA
Wow @Gary , if I didn't know any better your starting to sound like the same people who come out with the usual 'black people should stick with hardtails".
I'll note your criticism and refrain from uploading any further vids to this thread.
Cheers mate ?
Dude... wtf>?

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
788A98F5-B5B4-485D-A606-492475484FD9.gif

Neeko DeVinchi

Dec 31, 2020
UK
Apologies to all who may have been offended. The moderators can feel free to remove my previous comment (it came from are dark place!!).

I'm not going to pollute this thread by giving any excuses. There are other threads and social media platforms I can share my content on.

Apologies again ?‍♂️

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
Neeko ..that would be a shame ..however what Gary was saying is actually true ..the type of terrain you were riding on was pretty non-technical and not a true demonstration of the fork(s) capabilities ..with regards to the comments on your riding style any advice that is given from someone with a lot more experience than yourself should be taken on board in the manner in which it was intended ..to help you improve ..
Keep the vids coming mate ..I really like your enthusiasm ..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Apologies to all who may have been offended. The moderators can feel free to remove my previous comment (it came from are dark place!!).

I'm not going to pollute this thread by giving any excuses. There are other threads and social media platforms I can share my content on.

Apologies again ?‍♂️
Dude. Please don't over react.
Wherever your comment came from it's forgotten now. Umma big boy, have a very thick skin and am very seldom offended by any comment. your comment confused me more than offended. I'm happy to accept your apology put it under the bridge and move on with no bad feeling either way.
This thread is for posting members footage no matter what level of rider. So whether you be a complete beginner or the next Brandon Semeneuk please continue to do so.
And please don't take my comments on your content personally.

Last edited:

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Using a mount on the bars creates a lot of camera shake. Image stabilisation smooths that out but uses a lot of processing power in the process. Adding an extension will be even less stable. The 3 optimum mounts on a bike are helmet mount, chinbar mount (full face helmet) and chesty mount. Helmet mount and chinbar mount are the most stable because your neck acts as a gimbal. Helmet mount is however also the highest and the higher the mount the more Gopro flattens the terrain and also the less the impression of speed becomes. You also have to be aware that everytime you look to one side you are panning and a fast pan is not pleasant to watch on a video. It is also a little more difficult to operate the buttons and of course you cannot see any of the indicator LEDS. The chesty overcomes many of those issues. Its 2 main drawbacks are that you cannot pan to the side and you have to adjust the camera angle when you go from a seated to a standing on the pedals position. Personally after years of using a chesty mount, I now prefer to use a chinbar mount. It is stable, you can pan, reach the buttons easily, and do not need to adjust angle once you have found the ideal one because regardless your position on the bike your head should be at the same angle looking ahead on the trail. It does mean wearing a full face helmet but that is something I now do on every "proper" mtb ride anyway.

which gopro you using? I’ve the gopro 9 and it’s heavier weight is quite higher than a few other ones so just wondering if it’s a possible issue
Just installed a DVO Jade Coil. This was my "test ride" on a base tune.

nice my first proper ride out was on a similar route to this, that climbs a killer if memory serves!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
Cheers mate ?

Jesus wept, this is probably the first time I’ve leapt to Gary’s defence as I’ve my fair share of ‘Garyisms’ if he’s had a little too much haggis on the day (he can also take a joke!) but this is probably the most snowflake response I’ve read for a while (not trying to offend) surely he hasn’t burst your bubble?

Have you taken time to watch other videos and compare levels? Like you’ll say your going to shred hard today but nothing happens, I also like your content and I also wish we had more mtb guys of any race presenting, but like Gary says you have good presenting and editing skills so please don’t be deterred.

What he said was pretty fair and more an observation, he just literally writes what he thinks first time round without any proof reading or concept of offence reduction but he’s written nothing offensive here at all so it’s puzzling ?

I‘m also a learner and felt this lark would come very easy but it requires taking a lot of licks and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to progress, like you need to go faster before things slow down kind of thing, you need to fall to learn how to fall better the next time (my first few time it was like I was shot dead mid flight, now on my last one I did a preemptive commando roll!), you need to hit a tree as fast as possible to learn how to.......erm actually no you don’t just skip that one altogether ?

on that note may I present

Singletrack Scene

Nov 14, 2020
Nottingham
which gopro you using? I’ve the gopro 9 and it’s heavier weight is quite higher than a few other ones so just wondering if it’s a possible issue

nice my first proper ride out was on a similar route to this, that climbs a killer if memory serves!

Its the Peak. There's a fair bit of climbing. You can do 4k feet in under 20 miles easy.

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
Jesus wept, this is probably the first time I’ve leapt to Gary’s defence as I’ve my fair share of ‘Garyisms’ if he’s had a little too much haggis on the day (he can also take a joke!) but this is probably the most snowflake response I’ve read for a while (not trying to offend) surely he hasn’t burst your bubble?

Have you taken time to watch other videos and compare levels? Like you’ll say your going to shred hard today but nothing happens, I also like your content and I also wish we had more mtb guys of any race presenting, but like Gary says you have good presenting and editing skills so please don’t be deterred.

What he said was pretty fair and more an observation, he just literally writes what he thinks first time round without any proof reading or concept of offence reduction but he’s written nothing offensive here at all so it’s puzzling ?

I‘m also a learner and felt this lark would come very easy but it requires taking a lot of licks and pushing yourself out of your comfort zone to progress, like you need to go faster before things slow down kind of thing, you need to fall to learn how to fall better the next time (my first few time it was like I was shot dead mid flight, now on my last one I did a preemptive commando roll!), you need to hit a tree as fast as possible to learn how to.......erm actually no you don’t just skip that one altogether ?

on that note may I present

How did that tree taste ??

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
How did that tree taste ??

I still taste it I think! It mated with me......hard to revisit this

Here’s the full fat version of the video, you get to enjoy seeing some agony in this one ?......first instinct was ‘FUCK!’ I’ve broken my back as my mid section all went numb, but my pal said can you wiggle your toes/fingers and I could so cracked on! Weirdly I had a 3 month lay off (rotar cuff!) but had also had a lorry write my car off on way back from a scan on my back ?

Was one of my first edits this one, it’s not that interesting but highlights the struggles of a noob

If I filmed more recent stuff would be way better, I’ll start again soon once I feel I can get away with the distraction of it

bonus fail at the end

Last edited:

Banktramp

Jul 13, 2019
West Midlands
I still taste it I think! It mated with me......hard to revisit this

Here’s the full fat version of the video, you get to enjoy seeing some agony in this one ?......first instinct was ‘FUCK!’ I’ve broken my back as my mid section all went numb, but my pal said can you wiggle your toes/fingers and I could so cracked on! Weirdly I had a 3 month lay off (rotar cuff!) but had also had a lorry write my car off on way back from a scan on my back ?

Was one of my first edits this one, it’s not that interesting but highlights the struggles of a noob

If I filmed more recent stuff would be way better, I’ll start again soon once I feel I can get away with the distraction of it

bonus fail at the end

It gets better with the cheesy 80’s pop background music ???.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth

I have the Hero 7 Black. Weight is not really an issue but having a good firm mount is, even with the video stabilisation function of these cameras.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
My first time riding trails with trees!

To explain, I drove halfway across the US to visit my family in Mississippi. While there I rode the Mt. Zion Bike Park trails outside of Brookhaven. VERY COOL trails. And it was quite the change from my usual New Mexican desert riding. I rode the trail blind and by myself. Not ideal, admittedly, especially for a noob such as myself. I managed to get lost right close to the end. It took ages to find the right trail again and get back to the parking area.

Trek Powerfly 5
Jones H bars (not flat)
GoPro Max

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles