LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Nando Lope

Sep 30, 2018
Jaca y Zaragoza
Here’s my edit.
I was discovering some tracks in Beceite (Matarraña-Teruel-Aragon-Spain). Landscape there is drier and more rocky but still beautiful. A good spot to travel and discover a non-very touristic zone in Spain. Some people are developing and investing in Mountain Bike tourism , worths a visit!

Mas Coco que piernas, Beceite (Teruel)

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Little bit of play this weekend showing someone new around.

Hi @Rahr, do you know if Watchwood gets busy on weekdays?

I've just checked and its 10 miles from away. I figure I could ride there, have some fun and ride back on a full 500Wh battery. What do you recon?

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
If you don't go too full on with power modes i don't see why not. In 3 hours there i used about 30-35% of a 630wh. which way would you be coming from? if i'm riding i either go through newstead abbey from annesley way or just fly down the a60 and turn at ravenshead.

Now that lockdown is easing i don't imagine it would be very busy on weekdays at all. To be honest it's not overly busy most sunday mornings either.

One day i managed to ride past newstead, did a few runs at watchwood, rode up to pines, did some jumps there and then headed back home the long way. Local ride for local people - Mike Seivwright's 41.0 mi bike ride

it helps to know what to look for. if you go up the first big fire road where the gate access from the a614 is (just down from the petrol station) and turn right. you have 3 quite well sculpted runs. At the north side of the woods (following the fire road along the top/middle) is the more advanced line and there's a plethora of more natural stuff in between running from the fire road down to the singletrack just off of the a614. i'd highly recommend it.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
If you don't go too full on with power modes i don't see why not. In 3 hours there i used about 30-35% of a 630wh. which way would you be coming from? if i'm riding i either go through newstead abbey from annesley way or just fly down the a60 and turn at ravenshead.

Now that lockdown is easing i don't imagine it would be very busy on weekdays at all. To be honest it's not overly busy most sunday mornings either.

One day i managed to ride past newstead, did a few runs at watchwood, rode up to pines, did some jumps there and then headed back home the long way. Local ride for local people - Mike Seivwright's 41.0 mi bike ride

it helps to know what to look for. if you go up the first big fire road where the gate access from the a614 is (just down from the petrol station) and turn right. you have 3 quite well sculpted runs. At the north side of the woods (following the fire road along the top/middle) is the more advanced line and there's a plethora of more natural stuff in between running from the fire road down to the singletrack just off of the a614. i'd highly recommend it.

Great into, thanks @Rahr85, I'll probably give it a go next week when the schools are back. I'm the other side of Watchwood to you, near Bingham, so will go up the A614 to Oxton, and then towards Calverton, 10 miles according to Google maps and it should be flat all the way.

I'll be looking for the easier runs to begin with, having only ridden lanes, bridleways and single tracks since getting the bike and lockdown; getting fit and losing weight. Watching your vids, the trails don't look too long, would you say mostly roleable? looks like a good explore might be in order.

I've done 34 mile rides in eco with 20% juice left, so I should manage a few trails and probably run out of energy before battery.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Almost everything there is rollable aside from one small drop in that video at the end.

Of the 3 really sculpted runs on the south side the middle one is more the jump line with the left and right being fairly mellow and rollable, even some of the tables have optional lines to the side.

The previous video of my time there had a bit more of what lines there are but it isn't everything.

I personally think it's a great training ground as it has a good mix of smooth flowing trail and some more natural technical stuff. Even Has a nice natural steep roll in to start one.

NULevo

Nov 7, 2019
Nottingham
Almost everything there is rollable aside from one small drop in that video at the end.

Of the 3 really sculpted runs on the south side the middle one is more the jump line with the left and right being fairly mellow and rollable, even some of the tables have optional lines to the side.

The previous video of my time there had a bit more of what lines there are but it isn't everything.

I personally think it's a great training ground as it has a good mix of smooth flowing trail and some more natural technical stuff. Even Has a nice natural steep roll in to start one.

Thanks, looking forward to it even more now, your videos are really helpful too, showing what to expect. Who knows, I might actually learn some proper techniques :unsure:

Varaxis

Founding Member
Feb 5, 2018
California, USA
Some video excerpts from Saturday's ride up Jubilee Tower...

Those are some big trenches in that fireroad coming down from Jubilee Tower. You seem pretty calm about 'em.

The hail is called graupel here... some Southern Californians, who haven't seen snow before, consider it to be snow. Basically in between hail and snow.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
So, I've had to struggle to free up a bunch of space on my computer so didn't have room to do the full treatment like I wanted.

Instead, some gravel-crunching footage from here in Southern New Mexico, USA. Filmed using a GoPro Max. I need to get back into making short films, I used to be ok at it.

I'm going bikepacking next weekend. Maybe I'll bring the cams and put together a narrative short film.

Jorel

Mar 4, 2021
Germany
Went to Baiersbronn in the black forest.
Superb tour there, called T6 (typical German... no sense of humour).
Boy, that was fun.
Trails that go up and down... perfectly made for eMTBs.

Here's the vid:

In the description of the video you'll find a link to a longer vid with all the trail sections of that tour.
Battery-killer at its finest ?

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Still getting the drop on how to use a go pro & hence the footage is a bit garbage. On the upside, this is more or less where | broke my arm last year & what's more, there's horses having sex.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
i found the biggest hurdle with the gopro footage was youtube butchering the quality unless you render it at some stupid bitrate first. the raw footage is usually near perfect.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles