LETS SEE YOUR RIDE FOOTAGE

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
My gopro turned up this afternoon :D Now to get it charged. My plan is to run it at 5k with hypersmooth on then edit videos in 4k. I guess it'll be a learning process. Got a couple of mounting options but i do like the chin mount for the lower angle without having to faff about with the chesty.

1613061996046.png

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
and the actual footage from being out today.
Thank god for that .. if it was fake footage I'd be asking for it to be moved to he conspiracy theory thread .. though that's been ruined again by someone using it in a none joke way ... maybe it needs a warning ? .. thanks for yours that this is REAL footage .. ! :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
@Rahr85 That was the dogs danglies ... nice ride ..

I'd drop he brake line on the inside of the others if it will .. I'm anal .. it just looks wrong.

You were shifting. Top Job, thanks for sharing. Helmet mount will flatten and take the speed off loads compared to a chest mount for whatever visual reasons.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
It's watchable .. I really wish you'd untwist that front brake line though .. it drives me mad in your vids :)
I'll sort the front one out. When the bike is needing more work done i want someone with the skills to just shorten and tidy the lot, it bugs the hell out of me but i'm in no position to really made a good go at sorting it out. I blame the bike shop that built it. There's way too much slack but not much space in the downtube for them to just be mashed into. :ROFLMAO: But i'm not putting it in just for that to be done.

also most of the footage is chin mounted as i found it easier to work with than the chest mount and top mounted does seem to just made the flattening situation even worse.

Rahr85

E*POWAH Master
Sep 6, 2020
nottingham
Even positioned properly, it looks awful. I'm not even sure why the shifter and brake weren't following a similar path before the brake line drops down the fork. ?

IMG_20210224_190503.jpg

IMG_20210224_190426.jpg

i get that it is now 760mm rather than 800mm but there is way too much slack in the dropper and both brakes. I'm not likely to be doing any intentional bar spins.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Even positioned properly, it looks awful. I'm not even sure why the shifter and brake weren't following a similar path before the brake line drops down the fork. ?

View attachment 54018

View attachment 54019

i get that it is now 760mm rather than 800mm but there is way too much slack in the dropper and both brakes. I'm not likely to be doing any intentional bar spins.
Look away Look away :) I guess everything was just left as standard sizes .. I had a bike like that .. It just needs some patience, time and TLC. At least he bike is the dogs nads so you're not wasting your time ! :)

And you have lots of places to hang wet gloves and socks !

mark4444

Jan 12, 2021
LA
I just got a new camera and mounted it under my visor... This trail started off as a technical rock trail back in the year 2000, in the last 20 years its been reworked with jumps and burms, and which would usually get bigger and harder..... at least for the first 12 years... it actually hasn't changed that much since 2012 or so. We used to hike up, ride sections, it would take about 1 or 2 hours per lap. Now I can do 4 laps in an hour an a half!

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
My gopro turned up this afternoon :D Now to get it charged. My plan is to run it at 5k with hypersmooth on then edit videos in 4k. I guess it'll be a learning process. Got a couple of mounting options but i do like the chin mount for the lower angle without having to faff about with the chesty.

View attachment 52645
faff is a funny word - nice vid though, looks like a sweet trail - thanks for sharing.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I just got a new camera and mounted it under my visor... This trail started off as a technical rock trail back in the year 2000, in the last 20 years its been reworked with jumps and burms, and which would usually get bigger and harder..... at least for the first 12 years... it actually hasn't changed that much since 2012 or so. We used to hike up, ride sections, it would take about 1 or 2 hours per lap. Now I can do 4 laps in an hour an a half!

That camera really smooths things out, looks like drone footage.

Trails looks insane - even with the camera smoothing.

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Alameda Park is located in Butler, PA and offers 11 miles of singletrack trails built to the latest IMBA standards. From beginner trails, flow trails, to expert downhill trails, this place has a bit for all skill levels.

Singletrack Trails // Alameda Park [10.6.20]
Sweet trail system. I drive about 2hrs regularly to ride what looks to be the same trails. They were built by rock solid trail contractors.

thanks for sharing the video.

Last edited:

Shinn

Nov 8, 2020
Decorah, IA USA
Video of my first day at a modern trail center, I'd only had the Haibike for a month or so and was fairly timid as I hadn't ridden berms like this since I was a teenager. I find the trails here much more fun on my Levo SL. Please excuse the racket coming from the chain tensioner - which is one of the reasons I wasn't entirely happy with the bike.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
A little snip of me dropping down the back of Rivington Pike. Not earth shattering but steep and bumpy, can be slippery when wet! I don't see that many people do it.

Not too bad for someone in their mid-fifties with a dodgy leg!

Of course, wifey held the camera in portrait not landscape!

Quite simple when you have the technique nailed...

InRustWeTrust

E*POWAH Master
Mar 9, 2020
Sweden

A little edit from a trip to Lofoten this autumn. More scenic than fast. Oh And one guy on a regular bike in the mix as well?

wow very cool drone photos, usually go up to lofoten and fish once a year and have always thought that in those mountains you can not cycle but you obviously can: D

Yoak

Apr 5, 2020
Norway
wow very cool drone photos, usually go up to lofoten and fish once a year and have always thought that in those mountains you can not cycle but you obviously can: D
Thanks
Its often a bit of pushing involved to get to the top, but usually worth it.
Around Leknes “town” there are quite a few very nice more hill like mountains that you can reach by bike

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles