styriabeef

Mar 17, 2022
Austria
Helmuth:
38 years old.
Living in Graz, Austria
MTBer for over 20 years.
Hated EBikers and ebikes.
Got interested when Light-E-Bikes came to life.
Finally ordered one at the beginning of 2021 and got it in January this year. Bought it for my wife to even out the different power output and stamina of us, so we can ride together.
Ended up riding almost solely on the eBike myself since we have it, because it is the better bike compared to my 2014 26" enduro, and it is a great tool for riding in between work and time spent with family and kids.
It really does keep my heart rate down so while It does feel like workout, I'm not really blown afterwards.
Damn! I like EBikes now.

Last edited:

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Guten Abend Helmuth

Gotta love these ebikes ;)

However, if you are not getting a good enough workout - keep in Eco, or even better yet ...... ride with the motor turned off.
The other weekend I rode 68% of a 32km ride with the motor off. Great workout with good heart rate and enough burn in the legs to know I had a decent ride :cool:

styriabeef

Mar 17, 2022
Austria
Gotta love these ebikes

However, if you are not getting a good enough workout - keep in Eco, or even better yet ...... ride with the motor turned off.
The other weekend I rode 68% of a 32km ride with the motor off. Great workout with good heart rate and enough burn in the legs to know I had a decent ride :cool:

Love 'em or hate' em it seems.

About the workout - I'm not complaining.
I'm quite fit. But before the eBike I trained a lot in high Hr-ranges with average above 150bpm. With the eBike the average dropped to around 130. Which leaves me far less fatigued after a ride. I really feel that I am not as tired after a while riding the same fun trails, but having energy left to play with the kids or help around the house.
Maybe it's an age thing....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles