• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Lapierre ezesty build project help

Feb 12, 2021
Derby
Hi

Looking for help or support.

I have a stripped ezesty AM frame. I'm looking at building back into an ebike but I'm having trouble locating spares. The motor is Fazua, which is a modular system. Locating replacement batter, drive pack and bottom bracket isn't easy but possible. I'm struggling with the battery holder, key barrel, downtube grommits and any other parts needed for a complete system. I have spoken to both Lapierre UK and Fazua, both unable to support.

Can anyone help?

Exploded diagram, selling spare parts or detailed photos showingy how it all goes together.

I've also been told even If I piece it all together o still won't have a functioning ebike because the bike manufacturers configure it I was hoping as this drive pack can be updated that would work....or maybe not.

You can remove the drive pack and have these as a normal bike, which is an option, but again would still need something to secure the empty tube that fits.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

IMG_20220117_214913.jpg

IMG_20220117_214846.jpg

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Did Fazua say why they will not support? I did a frame replacement under warranty but I returned the frame to the local distributor. But that does mean I've built a bike from scratch.

The Fazua parts you require are:

Bottom Bracket Unit
Drive Pack
Battery
Locking Mechanism (possibly spacers and lock barrel)
Remote
Magnet sensor (original type - real left chainstay)

1. The locking unit is one piece but may require spacers, which are supplied with a new, updated lock mechanism. It simply slides into the frame and is screwed in with the 4 screws into the holes in your 2nd picture. A 5 minute job although you may need to remove and add a spacer.

2. The information for the bike is programed into the bottom bracket. The drive pack and battery are initialised by Fazua/Manufacturer but it's the bottom bracket that has the bike typre, wheel size, motor angle, region etc programmed into it. technically you can swap drive packs and as long as the BB is programed correctly you're good to go. The BB is programmed only with a drivepack in place because that's where the connector is. Programming can only be done via Fazua or a distributor, AFAIK. When I replaced my frame Fazua did a remote session from Germany to set up my bike in Oz. There are three ports on the BB for cable connections but you only use two of them. They are colour coded.

3. Once the bottom bracket and battery are installed the drive pack locks between them. You don't need a key barrel. The pack won't fall out. It's a security thing only.

4. You'll need a controller and magnet sensor. Magnets are spoke type so pretty easy to find but they can be a bit fussy about positioning. Some experimentation required. The frame is fully channeled so running leads and cables is dead simple.

5. The new lock open via a latch, not the old push button. So for your first picture you'll need the rubber bung that covers the hole. Or optionally you could put in the frame remote in that spot rather than the one for the handle bars. But it makes changing modes a PITA.

6. Fazua are currently rolling out a new motor/battery system. Users will be able to upgrade soon so you may find some older parts on the market. I'm not sure if Fazua will want the old batteries and drive packs back. The BB will be the hard bit.

7. It's not about the Fazua system but attached is a complete parts list for the eZesty.

Without Fazua helping you it's going to be really difficult, I think.

Gordon

Attachments

• eZezty[1820].pdf
    206.5 KB · Views: 414
Feb 12, 2021
Derby
Hi Gordon.
This is really helpful, thank you for taking the time to write back.

I think Fazua reluctance was not having the whole system configured by them or a dealer. I think due to UK/EU regs they configure the speed limiter etc. He mentioned if there was an accident, so I'm assuming it's for CE marking and accountability issues too.

He seemed to suggest the drive pack lock etc. Was the responsibility of Lapierre but I've also found that exploded diagram and nothings listed, however for the Overvolt model you can see a barrel lock.

I Wasn't aware the bottom bracket was so key. You can pick individual items up on eBay, but as you say will be hard if Im unable to get the support. I was considering building the bike without the drive pack, I understand this is possible so will still need the catch.

If I could be cheeky and you have some time, some photos showing your points above would be really helpful. YouTube doesnt get me close enough.

many thanks

Auldain

Feb 20, 2022
Scotland
Hi Dononemaccaboy. I have all the parts required to build an Ezesty and have been searching for sometime for a frame without success. As you are having difficulties getting the parts you need to complete your build would you be interested in selling your frame set?

LeeEvans

May 23, 2023
Merseyside
Hi Dononemaccaboy. I have all the parts required to build an Ezesty and have been searching for sometime for a frame without success. As you are having difficulties getting the parts you need to complete your build would you be interested in selling your frame set?
I have a full ezesty without battery and motor I would sell

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles