• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered Kiox, the annoying bits!

d4voh

Oct 7, 2020
Lincoln UK
Hi

I've got the Kiox display on my Jam2, seems ok but it has a few annoying things I've not got the answers too!

I'd like to do long rides, stopping a few times to chill, take it some views, only to find the Kiox has turned off and completed my ride, so I could end up with one ride split up into many stages. Garmin and Strava allow you to start and stop your own ride.....

Also, connecting to the eBike Connect app has caused me some issues. Firstly it drained my phone battery in 4 hours as I assume the Kiox doesn't have it's own GPS so uses the phone? So last night I tried reducing the phones battery usage, reducing CPU speed, restrict back ground data etc, only to get home after a 30mile ride to find Kiox had mapped the ride as 2 straight lines!!! I'm pretty sure I had gone into the eBike app to connect to the Kiox so that's not the issue, could it be due to me putting my phone into battery saving mode?

Small problems I know but a little annoying. Anyone else having similar issues?

I've e-mailed Bosch so we'll see what they suggest.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Haven't got Kiox, but from experience with other GPS tracking apps on phones, that's what happens if you enable any battery-saving features. The phone just powers down the GPS and you end up with straight lines. You normally have to do the opposite - i.e. turn off any power-saving features for an app like Strava to work properly.

What about in the Bosch app, are there any setting in there for GPS accuracy/frequency that you could reduce?

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I've given up pairing my phone with the kiox and uninstalled the bosch app, its terrible. I just track my rides as I always have done using my garmin .

I know this doesnt directly answer your question but I think the bosch app is terribly designed.

Bosch - If you're watching can we just have a simple small display and buttons similar to shimanos display and buttons? or better still just the ability to transmit key data as fields to my garmin watch and get rid of the screen altogether.

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Bosch APP , connectivity , interface and user experience are a minus . They have anounced improvement with last update bur I don´t see any. Furtunately motor and riding experience is a plus.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Hi

I've got the Kiox display on my Jam2, seems ok but it has a few annoying things I've not got the answers too!

I'd like to do long rides, stopping a few times to chill, take it some views, only to find the Kiox has turned off and completed my ride, so I could end up with one ride split up into many stages. Garmin and Strava allow you to start and stop your own ride.....

Also, connecting to the eBike Connect app has caused me some issues. Firstly it drained my phone battery in 4 hours as I assume the Kiox doesn't have it's own GPS so uses the phone? So last night I tried reducing the phones battery usage, reducing CPU speed, restrict back ground data etc, only to get home after a 30mile ride to find Kiox had mapped the ride as 2 straight lines!!! I'm pretty sure I had gone into the eBike app to connect to the Kiox so that's not the issue, could it be due to me putting my phone into battery saving mode?

Small problems I know but a little annoying. Anyone else having similar issues?

I've e-mailed Bosch so we'll see what they suggest.
your dead right about the stopping to chill and Kiox finishing your ride that is annoying
The battery thing I don't have issue with after 6 hr ride my phone battery went from 100% to 80% but i planned my ride on kamoot and sent it to the Kiox and just used kiox to navigate me
Thinking of upgrading to the Nyon I like the fact it tells you if your gonna get to your destination with mode your in also as built in GPS and able to tweak power outputs

d4voh

Oct 7, 2020
Lincoln UK
your dead right about the stopping to chill and Kiox finishing your ride that is annoying
The battery thing I don't have issue with after 6 hr ride my phone battery went from 100% to 80% but i planned my ride on kamoot and sent it to the Kiox and just used kiox to navigate me
Thinking of upgrading to the Nyon I like the fact it tells you if your gonna get to your destination with mode your in also as built in GPS and able to tweak power outputs
Thinking of this myself, are there two versions of nyon as one display in the range looks a bit too big for my liking.

Pigin

Jul 7, 2020
Saddleworth
I use Kiox.

There are some good bits and rubbish areas that need improvement.

Using an iPhone XR I don’t have any issues with battery usage. The app will only work on ‘Always On” and choosing only when using just does not work. The app needs work so I look at it on line in the portal and then export it to Strava to see the ascent figures. If there have been stops in the ride and it has recorded it as separate rides then in the export I export the whole day rather than in segments.

The stats and info recorded is pretty good but as with all these things there will be discrepancies between differ tech companies as to the values.

The major pluses for me are the battery state is shown in % rather than bars and it links in real time with HRM to assist with training zones. Sat Nav is basic but it works, it needs to be better in terms of speed and accuracy but that is reliant on the connected phone.

Bosch seem slow to develop themselves out of the issues which makes no business sense at all especially given the amount of tech competition they have.

Dr.GonzO

Aug 24, 2021
Netherlands
Splitting up the ride is a really annoying feature on the kiox, had it myself a couple of times.
Like to know what`s the timespan before it deceides to do this.
Also yesterday my elevation gain was like 50 meters as my mates were 550 meters on the same ride, logged the rest of the ride correct so GPS was available.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles