Kiox security

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
I’ve got a Kiox retrofit kit to go onto my Rail. I am wanting to be able to remove the Kiox when the bike isn’t in use, and not attach the securing screw to the mounting plate, but have slight concerns about the unit becoming detached when riding hard.
Has anyone had the Kiox come off whilst riding? The magnet that holds it in place seems fairly strong but I’d imagine it must have happened to someone?

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
The magnet IS strong, but in certain situations it can come off.
Its only happened to me once where I came off and the end of the handlebar hit the ground, the display got ejected into the undergrowth! Fortunately after a scrabble around I did manage to find it.
After that I put on a Garmin style tether, so its less of a worry.

Theres are a couple of others on here that have done the same. Attach the tether to the loop by the USB port and then to the handlebar or its own mount depending on what works for you

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
There's been a few posts on here of people losing them when not attached using the screw.

Do you need to remove it? There is a lock function through the app, I think this stops anyone else being able to fire up up and ride off.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
With the lock function switched on via the ebike Connect app, it means that only the Kiox registered to the bike and app can start the motor. It can still be ridden, but with no assistance.
As far as I'm aware only a dealer can disable the lock, but has to see a copy of the owners receipt.

WilkyWay

Dec 26, 2019
Durham UK
My main concern was it coming off the bike when descending and not being able to find it.
I’ve fitted the Kiox kit today and decided to fit the screw holding it to the mount so I can’t remove it.

Blue Moon

Apr 17, 2019
North Manchester
I’ve put an old small camera strap on mine, it works perfectly. I just need to get some form of protection for it as it gets covered in shit when it’s mounted to the top tube. There are gel covers on Amazon but they’re always out of stock. I’ll keep looking.

120E1CC4-0B67-4305-A3AE-CA19EBF6E8D5.jpeg

B2CE680D-158F-434C-AEBF-E4A187E1B4AF.jpeg

ohampel

Jan 4, 2021
israel
i secured mu KIOX using a thin plastic covered iron wire [like the one you get when you buy new headphones] works just fine. east to fix. let me know if you need any pictures

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles