Kiox display and sat nav

taxidriver50005

Jun 17, 2020
Skelmersdale
Anybody using Kiox as there Sat nav...how are you finding it...
Not sure whethere to upgrade my puiron to Kiox ...or just buy a Garmin 530...only really need it for navigation really the rest of the things they do may interest some but not me.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Yep, I’ve used it a few times. It’s pretty cool. Riding through the woods in the middle of nowhere, it knows all the tracks somehow, so if you get lost regularly, it’s worth having!

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I think if navigation is your primary use a dedicated navigation device (eg garmin edge 530 ) will be better than the kiox, which is fairly basic as far as navigation goes, and also requires your phone to be paired (and working etc) in order to work.

Garmin is a complete standalone navigation device

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I would also say do NOT get it for the navigation.
It is a fun feature, but for serious riding is very inflexible.
As soon as you have to change your route, or go somewhere off the planned track, it gets very confusing.
Kiox is great, but as said, if you want to navigate, then get something made for the job.

LowStandards

Sep 21, 2020
Uk
I've used it several times with Komoot and find it pretty good...

...as long as you dont take a wrong turn as it wont back track. Nor leave your bike stationary for more than 10 mins as it powers down and wont pick up from where you left off.

I'm hoping that a future update will allow you to join your route from anywhere along it as that seems to be it's failing.

Having the option for the fastest route back to your car would be a nice touch as well.

Oh, and make sure you know which direction you have to head in if you have to chuck your bike over a gate/stile, it takes it a minute to figure out it's bearings once you've span the bike around lumping it over anything. Often ridden off the wrong way :p

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
...as long as you dont take a wrong turn as it wont back track. Nor leave your bike stationary for more than 10 mins as it powers down and wont pick up from where you left off.
Oh yes, I forgot about that. It was the thing that made me stop using it. On longer rides you always stop somewhere, and after re-starting the navi display just starts jumping all over the place. It becomes totally useless.
It does the same if you stop and try to re-plan your route somewhere along the way. Just gets messed up.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles