Just want a share a recent experience ??

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
My ride is a 2020 Trek Rail 7, few mods, ( one up dropper, 11-42 , 10speed drivetrain) the bike is 12 months old as off 6/7/21,
Me n a couple of pals headed out for a spin and 10 miles in the bike cut- out! I thought I’d knocked it off myself by mistake, so switched it back on, all ok , then 5 mins later off it went again , but didn’t switch back on!! Took battery out and reset it , ziltch? So headed back under own steam, ? then error code 500 came up on the display, screen blank then i was able to pedal it then assist kicked in but still no display! ?‍♂️.
Got home all ok but nothing on display, charged the battery and had a little google, error 500 = internal motor fault! See Bosch dealer .
I rang the shop at 9.00am 7/7/21where I purchased the bike( The Edge Cycleworks Lancaster) explained the sketch , and asked if i could drop it off ,they said yep!! ?? .
Drove to Lancaster 60mile each way , dropped bike off at 10.30am 7/7/21, and Mark the technician said he’d already registered a warranty claim with Bosch from the first phone call, ? .
The shop called me back on the 9/7/21 at 2pm and the bike was ready to collect !! I picked it up at 4.15pm on 9/7/21 !! Bike dropped off and picked up in just over 48hrs! Big massive thanks to the guys at The Edge Cycleworks Lancaster , couldn’t have been better ??

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Was it a new motor then?
Or was it something that just needed a computer reset?

Either way, that is a good turnaround and The Edge Cycleworks Lancaster are to be congratulated.

Rostle32

Sep 26, 2018
Uk
No, internal motor issue / sensor?‍♂️ ! Not mechanical fault , new motor fitted ( which wasn’t even in store), first class job ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles