Is this a good deal?

Trout74

Jul 25, 2019
Iowa
My local bike shop has a 19 Levo Comp in stock and offering me $1000 off the price. Is that standard or is that a good deal? I’m thinking of getting it tomorrow. So after tax and all it will be $5400 out the door.
Thanks

coggbike

Jul 24, 2019
California
The ~17% discount isn’t bad normally. Actually, on a Specialized probably pretty good. But the announcement on the 2020 lineup is eminent, so you could potentially get even better after the 2020 line up announcement.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Sounds pretty good.. No one seems to know for sure, but the most consistent rumours are that the 2020 announcement will be in September, so you could be waiting a while.

AME

Mar 28, 2019
Europe
The entrylevel one is 5200 us dollars here in Norway. You get 0% discount becasue they are almoast non existing in shops.... I am waiting for the 2020 ones and hopefully they have solved some of the issues.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
my expectation is the 2020 platform won't be much different to the 2019s and maybe priced higher. if I'm right then I don't expect 2019 prices to crash. (more models may have 700wH battery but will be priced accordingly too).

as I see it your choice is pay the price for a bike you can ride immediately (high summer in the northern hemisphere) or wait because it might get cheaper but closer to the turn of the season.

lumpy

🚁 CHOPPER 🚁
Nov 26, 2018
SF Bay Area
What are “some of the issues” that you hope they fix? Thanks
The issues are minor and address crap getting into the motor housing and making more space between the seat tube and a suspension link so rocks don't get caught. Specialized is on top of correcting them for people.

I say get the bike! My expert is one of the first ones made, I haven't had any of the updates done, and even have the original firmware. I haven't had any problems except i can't stay off of it!

Weeds

Mar 5, 2019
Leavenworth, WA
Looks like a good deal to me. I had to hunt Washington, Oregon and Idaho last year to get a similar deal. My LBS would not let me ride it without renting it for $100. They did handle the battery warranty even though I did not buy the bike from them.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles