Is Connex 12SO Chain suitable for Sram XG1275 cassette.

Magpiemike

Aug 12, 2024
Sydney
Hi all, OOps, sorry about the first post.

It looks to be time to replace my cassette, chain and chain ring on my Specialized Turbo Levo. I'm looking at various replacement options also I'm considering moving towards immersive waxing of my new chain . I want to get some sort of balance between reliability/life of item and cost.

Can I use a Connex 12 SO chain with a Sram XG 1275 12 speed cassette with no compatibility issues or should I stay with a Sram X01 chain?
Also, rather than replacing with a Sram XG 1275 12 speed cassette, what other options are there? Sunrace??? There is a huge price difference between the two here in Oz, $340 V's $185.

Any thoughts on the Praxis eRing chainring? $60 v's Sram X sync at $110

All advise is most welcome and will be considered

Regards Mike

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi Mike
Are your drive train components worn out, or are you looking to upgrade?

There may be someone on here who has experience with those components or combination of components. Who can advise on price and compatibility.

I’ve Frankenstein’d my drive train on my Trek Rail. (12sp) and it works. Shimano cassette, ethirteen chainring, sram AXS derailer, hyper-glide chain. It turned out pretty good. I’m gonna stay with this combination.

The safe bet, and maybe the best, is to go with one brand. Keep up the research 🧐

Welcome to the forums.
Cheers

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles