How wide are your bars?

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Ive only had mine for about a month but im thinking 800 is to wide. I am 5'10" or 177.8cm and think im gonna cut them down to 780 and give that a try. Please post height and bar width. Im on a large Decoy BTW.

KenX

E*POWAH Master
Jul 21, 2019
Briançon, France
Depends on your wingspan! I'm 5'7" and from armpit to fingertips 74cm, changed the original bars to One-Up carbon bars which only come 800 wide, just cut them back to 780 and feel more at ease with them at that length (y)

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL
660 mm. Really. I started at 780 (standard Levo SL) and took 30 mm off each side then rode it awhile... repeat... until it was where I liked it.

Last edited:

ichauchtt

May 14, 2020
Switzerland
Shortened mine to 770mm, I am 185cm, but it feels so much better to sit on the bike like a human then like an ape:cool:;)

I realised that I always held the bar slightly inward anyway and in narrow passages, it was just too wide, now it's perfect.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Depends on your wingspan! I'm 5'7" and from armpit to fingertips 74cm, changed the original bars to One-Up carbon bars which only come 800 wide, just cut them back to 780 and feel more at ease with them at that length (y)
Don't cut them!

Try this: Assume the press up position and do a few to ensure you are comfy. Measure the distance over the outside edges of your hands. Lets assume that was 760mm. That is a starting point.

Move your grips and levers inwards 20mm each. This will simulate a bar width of 760mm. Ride the bike and see how it feels. You'd have to give it more than just a few hundred yards to be sure. Give it a week, or several decent rides at least. Then try moving everything inwards another 20mm each, or 10mm outwards (or inwards again), whatever the feel of the bike is telling you.

Once you are happy that you have got the correct width, then cut the bars down.

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Don't cut them!

Try this: Assume the press up position and do a few to ensure you are comfy. Measure the distance over the outside edges of your hands. Lets assume that was 760mm. That is a starting point.

Move your grips and levers inwards 20mm each. This will simulate a bar width of 760mm. Ride the bike and see how it feels. You'd have to give it more than just a few hundred yards to be sure. Give it a week, or several decent rides at least. Then try moving everything inwards another 20mm each, or 10mm outwards (or inwards again), whatever the feel of the bike is telling you.

Don't cut them!

Push-up thing don’t work for me, being ex military I do super wide pushups, no because it was comfortable but how I could pump out the most in 60 seconds. As for moving grips in I can’t, the end is t removable.

Flatslide

E*POWAH Master
Jul 14, 2019
Dunedin NZ
The bike came with 780mm which I rode with for 10 months before fitting an 800 wide Fatbar. I found the edges of my hands always out over the end of the grip with the 780. I'm 6'2' and my hands fit 2XL.

ebnash

Aug 16, 2020
Los Gatos, CA
800 on every bike I own. A few years back I moved from 740 to 800 and never looked back.

I would think you definitely want the leverage on this heavier bike.

Even my hard tail fatbike has 800mm Fatbar

I’m 5’9” but a long torso

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles