How to be a Dick on an E-Bike

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Sanny's a nice guy but rarely (intentionally) funny.

ST magazine is shit.
I like the actual magazine and used to like the forum,but there are too many preachy self entitled twats on it these days

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I like the actual magazine and used to like the forum,but there are too many preachy self entitled twats on it these days
TBF I haven't read an issue of Singletrack magazine in ages. I've never really bought it at all as It's content bore no no relevance at all to the type of riding or kit/bikes I ride. I still know folk who do buy it and have looked at it from time to time and haven't seen this change really. I expect they will have had to changed content a little with the demise of DIRT and the popularity of "enduro" within their readership? But still, I honestly wouldn't be interested in reading an article on gravity related riding from guys/gals who can barely ride themselves. Articles I occasionally look at online often make me cringe as do some of their staff. Ultimately I think as they have gotten older they lost their way. Their Forum 20 years back was a great place but hasn't been for many years now. Especially as they seem to be now using the website primarily for profit.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
TBF I haven't read an issue of Singletrack magazine in ages. I've never really bought it at all as It's content bore no no relevance at all to the type of riding or kit/bikes I ride. I still know folk who do buy it and have looked at it from time to time and haven't seen this change really. I expect they will have had to changed content a little with the demise of DIRT and the popularity of "enduro" within their readership? But still, I honestly wouldn't be interested in reading an article on gravity related riding from guys/gals who can barely ride themselves. Articles I occasionally look at online often make me cringe as do some of their staff. Ultimately I think as they have gotten older they lost their way. Their Forum 20 years back was a great place but hasn't been for many years now. Especially as they seem to be now using the website primarily for profit.
I largely agree with what you are saying and I do think they need to have a look at the direction the magazine is going otherwise I don't think they will survive in the long term, the forum isn't what it used to and I visit it more out of habit than anything, I like this place because its not as tightly moderated and we are treated more as adults

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles