• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

How long will my Bosch 625 battery last?

cragginshred

Jun 10, 2024
Sonora ca
I'm averaging about 150 charges a year. How long or how many charges should I expect to get? Probably upgrade capacity when I replace it
This is charging 3 days a week. 6 months out of the year it will only be about once a week.

cragginshred

Jun 10, 2024
Sonora ca
I depleted my 625w Bosch battery below 5% twice in almost 5 years. I charge my battery 5-6 times a week (ride almost every day).

I plug in my bike when I get home and unplug it when I leave.

Haven’t noticed any range reduction. I think good electrical connections are important. Oh! And it’s gotten wet many times.
I was down to 7% last Friday so I bought the extender battery

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
surely it doesn't matter if your battery goes down to 5%
The cells aren't supposed to have memory according to bosch and the battery will auto shut off before its volts drop too low.
as long as you aren't leaving it that low for long before you top it up to 40-60% I''d imagine any impact on lifetime capacity of the cells would be minimal.

Same as people who never charge to 100%, your probably doing more harm than good, the cells won't all have the same loads and same voltage if its never charged to 100%
at 100% the charger starts balancing the cells and then the bike shuts off when it's finished.

also those powermore bottles are about 400 here in the UK
I've seen 750 watt batteries for 600-700, the price per watt is crazy.

I'd literally buy a second battery over a powermore even if I took it with me and swaped mid ride

cragginshred

Jun 10, 2024
Sonora ca
surely it doesn't matter if your battery goes down to 5%
The cells aren't supposed to have memory according to bosch and the battery will auto shut off before its volts drop too low.
as long as you aren't leaving it that low for long before you top it up to 40-60% I''d imagine any impact on lifetime capacity of the cells would be minimal.

Same as people who never charge to 100%, your probably doing more harm than good, the cells won't all have the same loads and same voltage if its never charged to 100%
at 100% the charger starts balancing the cells and then the bike shuts off when it's finished.

also those powermore bottles are about 400 here in the UK
I've seen 750 watt batteries for 600-700, the price per watt is crazy.

I'd literally buy a second battery over a powermore even if I took it with me and swaped mid ride
I thought about a new 750 but my 625 only has 14 charges and with the extender I should never run out :cool: Apparently it draws equally from both batteries once set up.

Also I charge it all the way after every ride which is 2-3 days a week. We ride 25 to 30 miles every time out so I don't want to run out!

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
That would be bike contingent, Fairly certain my Pivot shuttle Am has room for a 750 :sneaky:
Considering its a fixed battery and the 750wh is nearly 3 inches longer it may take some work inside the frame to make it fit in the 625 model. I know the higher spec models have 750wh batteries but I hope Pivot just put a spacer or similar in the lower spec models like yours.

As I said its all a bit irrelevant with an extender anyway plus you get a lighter bike as a bonus.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
Well that will depend on you. Batteries, from the point of manufacture, will slowly drop in capacity. You will keep riding until the reduced capacity is inconvenient. Then you will want to replace it. If you are a full battery burn guy doing 3 to 4 hours a ride you will be replacing sooner than a guy that only does an hour or so per ride.

Of course how you charge and ride the bike will make an impact on how fast that capacity drops off.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles