West yorkshire
Just gave the steed a good clean ?
How clean is yours

A7AAFCD6-54DD-4F48-AEF0-4766E213F537.jpeg

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Transmission and suspension all clean and appropriately lubed before every ride!! The rest depends.
I like to see my bike nice and clean, but it never lasts long. If I can get away with a dry brush over the frame and wheels then that's what it gets. Otherwise its a full-on wash and brush up.

D

Deleted member 7464

Mine is still like new,always cleaned and sorted ready for next ride ??

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
I wash mine after every ride in the winter, but when it’s dry and dusty I just scrub the crap from the drivetrain and lube the chain at the end of of each ride.

blueglide

Jan 2, 2021
Tucson, AZ USA
Like others, I clean mine after every ride. I enjoy cleaning and fussing with it. I do the same with my truck (no I don't wash it after every drive). An often overlooked benefit of regular cleaning is you find potential problems or issues before they become serious.

EebStrider

Apr 18, 2020
Surrey, UK
Transmission and suspension all clean and appropriately lubed before every ride!! The rest depends.
I like to see my bike nice and clean, but it never lasts long. If I can get away with a dry brush over the frame and wheels then that's what it gets. Otherwise its a full-on wash and brush up.

Ah, but what lube do you use for your suspension? ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Ah, but what lube do you use for your suspension? ?
I use any wet lube. Currently I use MucOff wet lube because it has a nice long nozzle that makes it easier to use, and I don't like it on my drive train, so I'm using it up. Definitely NOT dry lube. Dry lube has solvents in it that you don't want anywhere near your suspension components.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles