Hope Pro 4/5 ebike version vs standard

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Anyone fitted a 'standard' Hope Pro 4 or 5 rear hub to an ebike? If so, how long has it been running? Any issues? I'm wondering whether I can go with the standard so I can get the colour choice I want.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’ve got hope pro 5’s on a 29er kenevo and they work perfectly fine but the rear has only been on 4 months 👍

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
I’ve got hope pro 5’s on a 29er kenevo and they work perfectly fine but the rear has only been on 4 months 👍
I'm thinking they will be alright. Do you know roughly how many miles you've done so far?

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
A usual ride is about 20ish miles and must’ve been out 6/7 times this year ! We ride a good mix of trails from jumpy to gnar (wotever that means ☺️) rough stuff !

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Hope pro 5's have only been available for a month?

Personally I'd get the ebike version, you have more pawls engaged so should be more durable

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
Actually I see you can get the coloured versions of the ebike variant. Just wasn't clear that was the case on their website.

Not so worried about POE, but more pawls engaging simultaneously would be reassuring given the torque going through the rear hub

Evelhornet

Feb 13, 2023
Wales
Anyone fitted a 'standard' Hope Pro 4 or 5 rear hub to an ebike? If so, how long has it been running? Any issues? I'm wondering whether I can go with the standard so I can get the colour choice I want.
I've been running Hope Fortus wheels with Hope 4 hubs for around 18mths on my Giant Reign e+0. I've done over 600 miles, mainly bike parks, reds and black trails and apart from servicing once i.e new pawl springs and bearings (mainly because of my enthusiastic cleaning of my drive train!) they have been spot on. Really recommend them 👍

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles