Home Insurance

Bomble

Subscriber
Nov 11, 2018
Yorkshire
Ive seen a few people mention their home insurance covers their ebike both in the house and while out.
Can anyone recommend the companies which would do this?

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
Most house insurance companies will do this. Normally they have very limited standard cover for bikes (say up to £200), but you can add bikes of any value as a personal possession, which means they are covered at the house and when out. Normally costs another £10-£15 a month.

Ours is with the NFU, which is expensive but we are limited to just a few house insurers due to the cottage. I've used the AA and Marks & Sparks at other places. The only time I had to claim was when I was a student and my Specialized Rockcombo was nicked from my student digs.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Mine is with Lloyds. Added about £40 to the annual cost of cover. The only stipulations are locked when unattended away from the home and not stored in a vehicle overnight when at home. Ironically, my car is probably more secure than my garage...

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ive seen a few people mention their home insurance covers their ebike both in the house and while out.
Can anyone recommend the companies which would do this?
Just ring your up your home insurance company NOW and get it covered. £10, £15, £20 a month is nothing compared to what we all spend on our bikes.

sheila's Wheels cover Ebike's.

FSEngineer

Jul 14, 2020
Kent
The best option for us was Nationwide, they have quite good coverage for specified bikes which are high value - a lot of insurance companies are quite poor in this respect.

SquireRides

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 4, 2018
UK
Aviva. Cover expensive ebikes for a fraction of what dedicated bike insurance charge. Includes at theft from home and in public. Paid out quickly when I had to make a claim.

peterwalk

Oct 7, 2021
CA
Hey there, Woodward. Hope your issue has been resolved successfully, mate. We insured our house at Homeowners Insurance in Connecticut. My brother advised me on this company because he has a close friend working there. Love the maintenance they provide us with. Most insurance companies definitely lack it. Still, tastes differ. Anyway, I’ll be waiting for your reply, Woodward. Best wishes to you, folks. Hope you all are doing great!! Keep the thread updated on new reasonable suggestions.

Last edited:

Winger

May 28, 2020
Birmingham
Having had two scum bags attempt to relieve my wife of her bike yesterday and had to resort to my fighting skills that I haven’t had to use in a life time to hang onto the bike, when the dust had settled and the police had gone my first question to her were both of them insured on the household.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles