Bongopete495

Aug 13, 2022
United Kingdom
Hi I'd like to put up a post with regards to the Shimano steps system. I recently encountered a problem with a Shimano charger and battery. A few weeks ago I connected up my Battery EC-E6010 to the Shimano EC-E6000 charger, there were no LEDs indicating charging on the battery and no light on the charger. I checked the fuse on the charger which had blown, I replaced the fuse and disconnected the battery, and the fuse blew again. I ordered a new charger online and when the new charger arrived I was now able to charge the battery to full capacity. A week later when the battery was at approximately 20% capacity I tried to recharge the battery, however as before with the previous charger there were no charging LEDs or charger light, and as before I replaced the fuse but to no avail. The charger has been returned for replacement and I also purchased a new battery (waiting to be charged the first time)The battery with 20% charge still powers the bike ok. So I was wondering if anyone out there has had issues with failing chargers and what the causes were. I contacted Madison the main distributor for Shimano products here in the UK, but they could not shed any light on the issue.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Hi I'd like to put up a post with regards to the Shimano steps system. I recently encountered a problem with a Shimano charger and battery. A few weeks ago I connected up my Battery EC-E6010 to the Shimano EC-E6000 charger, there were no LEDs indicating charging on the battery and no light on the charger. I checked the fuse on the charger which had blown, I replaced the fuse and disconnected the battery, and the fuse blew again. I ordered a new charger online and when the new charger arrived I was now able to charge the battery to full capacity. A week later when the battery was at approximately 20% capacity I tried to recharge the battery, however as before with the previous charger there were no charging LEDs or charger light, and as before I replaced the fuse but to no avail. The charger has been returned for replacement and I also purchased a new battery (waiting to be charged the first time)The battery with 20% charge still powers the bike ok. So I was wondering if anyone out there has had issues with failing chargers and what the causes were. I contacted Madison the main distributor for Shimano products here in the UK, but they could not shed any light on the issue.
There is an area in here specific to motors, especially Shimano motors. Someone in there may of had a similar issue.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles